Sage 50 2018 is fantastic accounting software that is suitable for both novices and pros in the field. Customers may select the version that best suits their demands and budget from a variety of editions of the same product. Furthermore, by connecting Sage 50 with an addon, you may quickly have access to extra tools and capabilities.
In this article, you’ll learn more about Sage 50 2018 download.
Why Download Sage 50 2018?
There are three instances in which you’d want to download Sage 50 2018:
- New user: Several customers may choose Sage 50 2018 which is much less expensive than even the most current publication, even if it lacks some more of the features and functionalities included in newer editions.
- Upgrade: Sage 50 2018 is a good pick for anybody looking to enhance a model of this accounting system that offers better capabilities than the previous versions while also being maintained and receiving security measures.
- Open company file: Do you want to open a company file created using Sage 50 2018? If yes, then you need not purchase the software. Instead, you can use the trial version of the software to access the company file. Another alternative is to upgrade the company file using a newer version of Sage 50.
- Restoring a backup: Sage 50 2018 backups can be recovered and used the same version of the accounting systems. Sage 50 will produce a new document once you’ve rebuilt the restore point, something you might later improve to load in one of the most modern updates.
Our requirements are vastly different. You must determine why you are getting Sage 50 2018 rather than a newer version. You may also check at hosting settings to allow multi-user mode. Other advantages of hosting include scalability, connectivity, and price.
Sage 50 2018 System Specifications
To download data and execute properly, Sage 50 2018, like any other applications, demands disk space. To maintain, save records, and conduct activities, Sage 50 2018, like any other application, requires cpu power.
You won’t be able to install Sage 50 on your machine if it doesn’t have adequate resources. The application will then terminate with a runtime error. The setup may terminate whereas the product is being loaded if resources become available.
As a result, make doubly sure your system matches the minimal requirements for Sage 50. If something doesn’t, try an old version.
Here are the Sage 50 2018 system specifications:
- Internet Explorer edition 7.0 is necessary. This browser’s future releases are fit for use with Sage 50.
- SVGA video that has a color quality of minimum 16 bits. Screen resolution of 1024×768 is supported.
- CPU processing speed of 1.0 GHz (Recommended 2.0 Ghz)
- Adobe Reader 9.0 must be installed on the system to create and print documents.
- Random Access Memory: 2 GB (Recommended 6 GB)
- 2 GB of free space on the hard drive (further 1GB of free space on the hard disk for software installation.)
- Version of microsoft windows installed with one of the most current Microsoft updates
- Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Vista® Service Pack 1
- Windows 8 by Microsoft
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 7 (Microsoft)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 R2.
- If you wish to load Sage 50 2018 from a CD or DVD, you’ll need a DVD-ROM.
- Microsoft®.NET Environment CLR 4.0 requires an additional 280 MB – 610 MB of hard disc space.
- If you wish to utilize the bookkeeping app’s web capabilities, you’ll need an Online connection, and that too a high speed one.
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook versions higher than 2003. Or a Microsoft Office 365 membership.
Note: Because it includes more capabilities that are regularly used by accountants and auditors, Sage 50 2018 accountant model uses a higher operating system.
Sage 50 2018 Setup Download and Installation
Sage 50 2018 doesn’t take long to download, as the setup file is fairly small. You simply need to have a good internet connection to download the whole file. If you don’t have an internet connection, then you can purchase a CD/DVD of Sage 50 2018. The disk will contain the setup file and the activation code will be available on the disk cover.
What Do I Need Before I Install Sage?
When launching Sage 50 2018, make very sure that all of the above-mentioned requirements are installed properly. Sage 50 installation will not be capable of executing without the components available on your machine.
How Can I Upgrade my Sage 50?
The technical specifications for the release you wish to enhance may be found here. More details on Sage 50 2018 may be found here:
- The distribution of Edition 2018 is about over 400 MB; on standard Wireless broadband, downloads should require just under 30 minutes; nevertheless, this depends on your Web net’s data rates.
- The installation duration is governed by the computer: how much RAM it has, how often available space on the storage device it has, the CPU performance, and so on.
- The process should take about 20 minutes from start to finish, depending on the tools and ability to connect.
- A server’s configuration generally takes longer than that of a PC (s).
- While distributing through a machine network, the programme is first installed on the machine. After that, new environments on all PCs may commence at the same time.
Now that you’re all set, you can follow the steps provided below to install this software on your system:
- Download the Sage 50 2018 EXE file or insert the installation disc and click on autorun.exe.
- Click on Install Sage 50 Accounting.
- On the Sage 50 Accounting welcome screen, choose to turn off your anti-virus program. You can always reactivate your security software once Sage 50 is installed on your system.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Highlight the option ‘Autoconfigure the Windows Firewall to allow install and run Sage 50.’ This option automatically configures windows firewall settings so that certain ports that are originally blocked can be accessed by Sage 50.
- Enter the activation code that you received in the email. If you have an installation disc, then the code will be mentioned on the cover.
- Choose between:
- Single Computer: the software will be installed on a single workstation. You won’t be able to use multi-user mode.
- Network: install the program on a server so that you can work on Sage 50 in multi-user mode and access it from multiple workstations.
- Go through the Install Options and select the directory in which the program will be installed.
- Select the default directory for company files created using Sage 50.
- Click on Finish when the installation finishes.
You’ve completed the installation of Sage 50 2018 on your system. After the installation, restart your system before you launch Sage 50 2018. If you find a problem while downloading Sage 50 setup and installing it, then contact our experts at Sage 50 helpdesk.
New Features in Sage 50 2018
You can anticipate this accounting information system to get quicker and less problematic with each version. In addition, new features are introduced to guarantee that information is accessible to technologies that meet the demands specified in earlier editions. And the operations are being simplified to improve the system’s accuracy and eliminate errors.
Related Article:Sage 50 2020 Download
Let’s look at some of the best features present in Sage 50 2018:
An Overhaul of the User Interface
It’s the most visible feature of the Sage 50 2018 model. The system’s layout has been given an entirely new and fresh look, giving the company a facelift.
It’s been a good amount of time since Sage 50’s frontend was updated. The main screen has recently been given a unique look and a monochrome color scheme. There were several locations as well as a direct perimeter for any and all emblems and alternatives.
Payment Option in the Invoice
Sage 50’s 2017 release contained Sage offerings, which had a Sage Pay Offer functionality that provided a charging URL in clients’ email invoices, allowing them to effortlessly pay the amount.
Nevertheless, because of the worldwide activated capability that displays the “Pay Now” URL for all mailed invoices, this feature was not warmly accepted. Previously, you had to turn it off for every one of your clients personally. Fortunately, the 2018 version has thankfully remedied this condition for all of us.
More Categories in Reports
Numerous sections now can be included in the accounting information you produce with Sage 50. These variables will be added to show the Completed Date, which can be seen in the Checking Account and Current Liabilities Ledger records. Tap the Section choice that appears in the summation area of your screen and highlight the Cleared period to reflect the moment of the contribution that was finished in verifications.
Home Screen in Sage 50 2018
Sage 50’s frontend has been completely redesigned after such a considerable length of time. The overhauled UI is just amazing. However, designers have improved not just the appearance and feel of the program, but also all the functionality and capabilities attainable via the platform. This variation is suitable for you to utilize because most customers examine the screen on a daily basis to get an overview of their financial results.
Check the Multiple Versions of Sage 50 2018
Sage 50, along with many other apps and services, has a number of variants released for each generation. Whenever you choose one of the versions, you should be aware of the pricing and aspect differences.
Starting a Company File in Sage 50 2018
When loading Sage 50, the application must be configured to save financial information. Sage 50 does not save your information in a software directory. It generates a new company file that is saved in another folder. This corporate file stores all of the information that you input with this solution.
Let’s look at it in more detail:
Set the Start of the Fiscal Year in Sage 50 2018
You must choose the timelines of your fiscal season. It’s necessary since you’ll really have to designate a certain time frame in which you would really like to close after the term finishes.
The lump-sum inside the general ledger is the starting amount on an income statement at the beginning of the current annual period. This is the first item in a cash flow statement, whether this is because when the company first closes its records or a year later.
In an existing operation, the ending sum at the end of one month or even a year becomes the commencing quantity at the beginning of another cycle or accounting term. The primary payment in the register might have appeared in the payment box.
The commencing figure is typically used at the opening of a statement of financial position on commencing accounting information. So what appears on the initial financial accounts is determined by how long a company has already been in existence.
Mostly in the case of a global corporation, all information in the preliminary accounting records is derived from the financial report generated at the completion of the statement of financial position.
Set up a Trial Balance
An income report is a finance evaluation that is frequently used to evaluate the accuracy of various bank transfers electronic general ledger in financial documents. Briefly defined, it is a statement describing all financial accounts from all accounting systems in one location.
The accounting information, which is also an essential part of the documentation, shows the entire situation of all funds. The goal of creating a financial report is to make the preparation of financial records quicker.
Create a Company File
In Sage 50, you utilize the “New Company” interface to generate a fresh file type. This procedure allows users to generate a new company document and populate it with statistics. Here are the simple steps:
- Choose File.
- Select New Company File.
- Enter details required by the New Company File wizard.
- Start recording your accounting data.
The essential corporate information is among the data gathered throughout this procedure. It also contains the accounts required in the firm’s accounting system. Furthermore, you select the accounting technique as well as the reporting mechanism for publishing operations to journals. Thus it allows you to choose the standard financial cycles and quantities for the company file.
While entering data, you need to ensure that you provide correct information. Also, you’ll have to select the financial period for your books, a period that finishes with the closing of your books.
Here’s the required information:
- Name of Company
- Location of Company
- Opening date for the financial period
- Other relevant information
You can select a particular industry to let Sage 50 automatically create a chart of accounts specific to the selected industry. Otherwise, you can manually create the chart of accounts according to your requirements, but doing so requires a good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping.
As an amazing accounting software, Sage 50 2018 has all the tools and features to help you record and analyze your financial data. This information is vital for making key business decisions and filing taxes. You can also activate the payroll subscription and pay employees directly from the accounting software.
Note:Sage 50 2018 has been discontinued. However, we still provide service for this version. You can click on the chat button or email us to get in touch with our experts for a free consultation.
Q 1. What is Microsoft 365 and Does it Integrate with Sage 50 2018?
Ans: Sage 50 2018 integrates easily with Microsoft office 365. You can work with your favorite work software and easily import and export data between these programs. Whenever you want to export data to an excel sheet, you can do so using Sage 50. And you can even import data from excel.
Microsoft office 365 integration provides additional benefits that aren’t available by default in this accounting software.
Q 2. Does Sage 50 Automatically Backup Data on the Cloud?
Ans: Sage 50 2018 has the option for automatic backup, but it’s not activated by default. Further, the desktop version backs up the data to the local hard drive. However, hosted Sage 50 and Sage 50 cloud store the backup on the server.
You can also set the number of backups that Sage 50 should keep. So if you set it to 2, then Sage 50 will store 2 of the latest backups in the selected directory. The precious ones will be deleted to save disk space.
Q 3. Is Sage 50 2018 a Subscription-Based Service?
Ans: Sage 50 cloud is a subscription-based service; however, Sage 50 desktop has a one-time purchase option. With one time purchase, you pay a one-time fee to purchase a unique activation code. After this, you can use that particular version of Sage 50 for a lifetime. But whenever you want to upgrade your software, you’ll have to purchase a new activation code.
However, with Sage 50 cloud, which is a subscription-based service, you need to pay a yearly subscription fee, which is substantially lower than the one-time purchase price. The main advantages of the cloud version are that you always have access to the latest version of Sage 50.
See Also:Download Sage 2014