The error “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” occurs in while the software is running in QuickBooks multi-user mode. In QuickBooks, QBDBMgrN is a feature that enables multiple users to access the database and company files stored on a hosted server. There is a QBDBMgrN.exe error that happens when the QBDBMgrN service is disabled on your device. You can understand why the error message “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” happens and solutions in easy steps when you read this blog until the end.
Reasons that lead to QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error
Here are the following consequences of QuickBooks database manager not running:
- In a multi-user mode, you will not be able to work.
- You won’t be able to write a file for your company.
- Irregular Firewall Installation.
- Firewall to prevent access to the Internet from QuickBooks.
- It could happen when the QuickBooks Database Server update fails.
- Improper or incomplete installation of QBDSM.
- QuickBooks network file issues can be seen when “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” is encountered.
- No files are connected to the QuickBooks database server manager.
Different Ways to fix QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error
Restarting your machine will correct a technical error occasionally. If not, follow the steps below to resolve the issue of QBDBMgrN not running on this computer.
Way 1: Start with updating Windows Firewall
Since it is the Windows Firewall that prevents the QuickBooks database server manager, it makes sense to start with the same thing.
- To get started with pressing Windows + R from your console
- Next, type Control firewall.cpl in the appropriate field
- After that, hit the Enter key then open Windows Firewall
- Within the Update your Firewall Settings section, you have to click on the Check for Updates
- Click Update Now and then click Use Recommended Settings
- Once done with that then check if there is an update available
- Wait for the completion of the process
- Once completed then restart your PC as well as open QuickBooks.
Way 2: Repair the Current Version of QuickBooks Desktop
Check if the first procedure fixes QBDBMgrN that is not running on this server computer. If not, follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Press the Windows + R keys from your console to open the Run window
- Next, type appwiz.cpl within the open Run box
- And then hit the Enter key
- After that, go to the QuickBooks within the installed program list
- Choose the Change/Uninstall option by double-clicking on the QuickBooks software
- And then perform Continue >> Next >> Repair >> Next
- Wait till the repair process completes
- Once the process finishes then click Finish
- And finally, restart your PC.
Way 3: Restart your QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
If QBDBMgrN still does not run on this device, follow the steps below to get rid of the error:
- In the beginning, Press the keys Windows + R
- Next, type services.msc within the Run box and hit Enter
- Scroll down now to check for a service called QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB27, or QuickBooksDB29
- Right-click the appropriate service and then click the button to restart
- Try to update QuickBooks after restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to see whether it’s happening or not.
Way 4: Error message “Files in use”
- The very first, select “Ignore” to reboot the system
- Click Ok (Ignore the option as often as possible and proceed with the repair)
- If there is no ‘Ignore’ option, then press
- Once you have completed the repair and then ‘Restart’.
Hopefully, this blog covered the major information regarding How to fix QBDBMgrN not running on this Computer Error. To know more about accounting software & the best resolution of QuickBooks errors or any other functional glitches, you can easily reach the team of experts by dialing QuickBooks technical support Toll-Free number +1858-300-6463 to get better assistance with less delay. You can also drop an email [email protected] or do a live chat. The team will dedicatedly be committed to serving your doubts all round the clock.