QuickBooks is an accurate and reliable accounting program that maintains a precise collection of books. You can easily integrate the QuickBooks program with third-party applications that can be very useful for your company. But occasionally, for various reasons, the program may fall into errors. One such error named QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 that usually occurs when opening a company file that is damaged or corrupted. The error can also occur when using QuickBooks Desktop online banking services. This error only exists in older QuickBooks versions that mean you need to upgrade your software to the latest new version of QuickBooks. In this ultimate blog, we’ll get complete guidance on how to fix QuickBooks error 16638 85757. Let’s start exploring with the error possible causes.
Why QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 Occurs
Here are some of the possible reasons behind the occurrence of this error:
- Your QB company file gets damaged or might get corrupted
- Instead of a local drive on your computer, you are trying to access the company file on a network.
- When using online banking, QuickBooks Desktop cannot access the company register.
- While accessing the file using online banking, QuickBooks software found some issues.
- Any machine internal issues.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
In QuickBooks, the error code 16638 85757 exists only in the older edition of QuickBooks. Since the newer versions of QuickBooks, this issue can totally be eliminated. Upgrading QuickBooks to the latest release can easily resolve the error if you are facing the issue. It becomes a hectic or difficult for you if you’re using an older version of QB. In order to fix QuickBooks Error 16638 85757, you need to take the below-mentioned steps if you do not want to update your QuickBooks right now:
- Initially, attempt to open .qbw (QB company file) on which the error gives rise to
- Next, verify the company file location
- Now, You must check that the QuickBooks file path is supposed to find the company file on the Product Details Screen that is the same as the company file location
- Open QuickBooks and press F2 on your keyboard in order to open the Product Information Screen
- Open and check the output details and verify the path to the company file for QuickBooks
- Open the folder on the network drive where your business file is stored
- Copy to your business register by pressing (Ctrl+C) keys
- Paste the file by clicking on the (Ctrl+V) key on any local drive
- Repair your online banking feature that may have previously caused the error
- If you get the same error again, it means that your company file (.qbw) has been corrupted.
You are allowed to use the Verify and Restore utility to fix the issue of the company file. To do this, you should follow the steps offered.
Steps to Verify QuickBooks Company File
The accounting software for QuickBooks comes packed with features capable of correcting simple data manipulation automatically. Intuit, the software manufacturer, advises all its customers to periodically perform the company files’ verification utility function. If you are unaware of the procedure, you can follow the given steps to verify your company file:
- The very first, open your QB software
- Next, move to the File >> Utilities >> Verify Data
- And then the verification process starts
- The verification process completes itself under normal circumstances without any errors being seen
- If no error has been detected, you can click OK to continue moving to complete other tasks
- If a problem is identified by QuickBooks during the verification process, an alert screen is created to specify the problem and how to fix it.
Run the Rebuild Data feature to solve the problem identified in the process. Let’s say that the mistake still exists, so chances are your whole database has been compromised.
Get assistance from QuickBooks expertise
The above-discussed solutions are all the possible troubleshooting steps for how to fix QuickBooks Error 16638 85757. With the help of the above steps, in case you’re still facing the same issue or the error still pops up on your screen then reach out to the QuickBooks technical support Tool-free helpdesk number +1858-300-6463. If you’re unable to connect via Toll-free number then drop an email at this email address [email protected] Also, seek instant expert assistance by doing a QuickBooks live chat that is available all round the clock.