QuickBooks comes at the top of the accounting software which is the most preferred software. Not only including lots of advanced tools but the new update also helps you to save your time and gives you a managed way to work. Sometimes because of incomplete installation or damaged installation of QuickBooks, it might create QuickBooks Error 6000. The below article contains the causes, resolutions following which anyone can rectify the QuickBooks Error 6000.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000?
Knowing the error is very important before proceeding to causes and steps to resolve. QuickBooks Error 6000 is one of the common error which you can face while opening the company file. There could be different errors of the 6000 series. 6000 83,6000 80, 6000 77 and QuickBooks error 6000 95 or QuickBooks error 6000 82 are some 6000 series example. QuickBooks Error 6000 comes due to below reasons :
- Your company file is damaged
- QuickBooks 6000 error also arises when a user is trying to restore the previous backup of your files
- Multiple users logged in to the same company file could be a big reason for the QuickBooks error 6000
- Network connection available on the computer might be not configured properly
- QuickBooks installation files are corrupted
- TLG file corruption also lead to QuickBooks error 6000
- If your firewall is blocking the connection then also you may face the QuickBooks Error 6000
Ways to Solve the QuickBooks Error 6000
Below methods are commonly used for the rectification of the QuickBooks Error 6000.
Method 1 – Restoring the backup
In this situation, you can, first of all, restore the backup of your files which makes sure that all the work is going fine. Following the below steps it can be done.
- Open the company file
- Now click on the file
- Choose the option utilities
- Now check if the option Stop hosting Multi-user access is available if it is available click on that
- Modify the company file name to a new name which includes characters less than 210. The name should be given in the manner so that name should display only important details nothing else.
Method 2 – Configuring the anti-virus and firewall
- Open the QuickBooks Database manager through going to Start menu >>> Programs >>> Click on QuickBooks and select “QuickBooks Database server manager“
- Now check the QuickBooks version by going to the port monitor tab
- Note down the Firewall port number
- Once the firewall port number is noted, open your windows firewall
- Go and click on Advance settings
- See the inbounds option available and select New Rule option by right-clicking on the inbounds option
- Click on Port and >>> Click on next
Method 3 – Try opening the company file to another location
- This step can also be done by copying the file to Desktop or some other location except the earlier one. Alternatively, you can also move the file to the local or network drive. This step helps you to know the status of QB Error 6000
Method 4 – Renaming the .ND and.TLG file
- Open the company file location
- Search the company file you want to fix
- Now find the files with the extensions .ND and.TLG with the same name
- Right-click on both of the files and change the extensions
- Verify that it is important to include the word .OLD at the end of the file extensions
- Now reopen the QuickBooks and do login in QuickBooks
- Check if the QuickBooks Error 6000 is still coming or not
Searching for guidance?
Feel free to contact at QuickBooks technical support number , or visit the accountingguide.co and live chat with the QuickBooks professionals for the quick resolutions of your errors and all your issues related to QB. QuickBooks team is available 24*7 to assist you and provide you the best and reliable resolutions. QuickBooks team is polite, quick listener, certified and having years of experience in the same field. You can also email at [email protected] or fill the contact form to get a call back from the certified and experienced QuickBooks team members.