QuickBooks users encounter several issues during software activation and validation code issue is one of them. It can occur due to incorrect entering of validation code or might be due to temporarily unavailable service at the time when you activating your software. To rectify this problem, a scheduled procedure is required, and this must be done in the correct way. We will list the potential solutions today and what is an acceptable way to address problems with the QB Activation Code. Before you jump to steps for how to fix QuickBooks Validation code issues, let’s check a few things that are covered under this blog.
Pre-Requisites for QuickBooks Validation Code Solutions
Here are a few things that need to check before performing troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your QuickBooks should be active.
- The license number and product code match the information provided in the product package for QuickBooks.
- You have a ‘confirmation email’ for the payment that you have made for the downloaded object.
- You need a brightly colored sticker on the original CD envelope if you purchased QuickBooks on your CD.
Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Activation Issue
You can experience errors such as incorrect validation code or temporary unavailability of the service during activation of QuickBooks Desktop. Therefore, if you were trying to enable the release over the Internet of your QuickBooks Desktop accounting program, you might end up with errors like this one.
Users can encounter problems when enabling your QuickBooks accounting program, such as:
- The validation code that you entered is wrong.
- Owing to a certain technical error, the server is momentarily unable to enable your QuickBooks Desktop.
Easy and Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Validation Code Issues
For solving such issues, you can perform the following troubleshooting solutions after looking at the reasons which cause such validation code issues:
Solution 1: Verify whether the time and date of your system is correct or not
- In the beginning, close QuickBooks software as well as its related files
- Next, look for the time display on your Windows taskbar
- Select Adjust the date and time as well
- Look for the time and date tab and choose the current date
- Click Apply followed by Ok
- Now, move to the QuickBooks and open Start Help >> Activate QuickBooks >> Activation
- At last, Apply the validation code and then click Next.
Solution 2: Reset the .ecml file
Deleting of entitlement file and then try to enter again the license number and product information can solve the problem many times. Here’s how:
- Firstly, close QuickBooks Desktop along with that all QB processes must be closed
- Next, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key in order to open Task Manager
- Now, click Process and select processor name header in order to arrange the processes alphabetically
- Some example of EXE here is clicking Search and then End job
- Search and open the Entitlement Data folder which is suitable for your Windows Operating system as well as version of QuickBooks
- After that, press the Windows + R keys in order to open the Run window
- Enter the location: C:\ Program data\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8 (or v6) and then tap the Enter key
- Make a right-click on ecml file and then Delete the same
- Hit Yes to confirm the process of deleting the file
- Finally, open the company file and continue performing the further steps to do the registration of your application.
Solution 3: Run the QBInstall tool
QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic tool is a helpful tool and can help you to install and open the QB Desktop. You can find this tool as a remedy in terms of rectifying problems automatically related to Framework, .NET, C++, and MSXML. It can also save you time instead of applying manual steps you can run this tool to fix the issues in lesser time.
Get connect with QuickBooks Expertise for further queries
By the end of the blog, it is hoped that you should be able to fix QuickBooks Validation Code Issues. In any case, if you fail in rectifying the error or looking for expert advice then feel free to make a call at QuickBooks technical support Toll-Free number +1858-300-6463. Team of certifies QB professionals with modern tools and technologies to assist with better solutions for your queries in the least possible time. You can also approach them via dropping am email at [email protected] or do a 24*7 QuickBooks live chat support with dedicated experts.