Sage 50 is one of the reliable accounting software, however still while the working user may be stuck at the error message showing the problem comes during the Sage 50 updates. If you are also unable to run payroll updates freezing up in sage 50, then the below article helps you to end this resolution with the below-given solution. Sage provides you an outstanding platform to manage your business with the latest software with a combination of the latest tools.
Causes behind the Sage 50 unable to run payroll updates freezing up
Although there can be many causes behind error unable to run payroll updates freezing up. Below are some main causes mentioned.
- A problem in database password can arise this issue
- A failed upgrade which attempted earlier can lead to this error
- Corrupted data can also be a big reason
- If another user is trying to log in then also this issue can happen
- Sage 50 may not be set to run as administrator
- Attempt to unlock old shortcut from taskbar
After checking the causes and reasons it is very important to solve the issues easily. To get rid of unable to run payroll updates freezing up you can follow the below steps.
Steps for Fix Sage 50 Unable to Run Payroll Updates Freezing Up Error
Repairing the database
To repair the database you can follow the below steps
- Log from the Sage payroll
- Go to the Desktop and right-click on the sage 50 icon
- Go to properties option and select the shortcut tab
- Now open file location option
- Do the double click on DBUtilities.exe file and select the company name
- Now locate the clear lock option and click yes, then click ok
- Go to the option repair again click ok
- To complete the process click on the close option and then select Windows explorer
Icon pinned to the taskbar
If the icon is pinned to the taskbar then also it prevents you to run the payroll. This can be removed very easily and can unpin the icon from the taskbar and to do so follow the below steps:
- Find the sage 50 icons on the taskbar and do the right click on the same
- Unpin this program from the taskbar
- Go to the program directory from the folder “My Computer”
- Search the file payroll.exe file
- Double click on payroll.exe file and upgrade it
Still, having issues? Feel free to get dial Sage 50 support number 1844-871-6291 and get connected with the Sage experts. Sage professionals are available 24*7 to assist you with the sage related issues and errors. The sage team is polite, certified, and have experience in the same domain. You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org or do the Sage 50 live chat with the sage technicians. Alternatively, you can fill the contact form to get the call back from the sage team.