Sage 50 plays an important role in organizing business, especially small and medium-sized businesses. Sage 50 connection manager handles access to the MySQL database. The Sage 50 connection manager work is to update the data changes in real-time so that you don’t require to save the changes manually. Because of this benefit, it is very important to install Sage 50 connection manager on the server or computer wherever your company data is available.
The below article helps you to give you step by step guidance to install Sage 50 connection manager on the server.
Steps to Install Sage 50 Connection Manager on Server
There are four situations in which you need to install the Sage software. When you install Sage 50 connection manager on the server make sure that the same version of Sage 50 connection manager is installed and running on the server and on the workstation. Below are the four situations mentioned.
Option 1 – Download the program
To download the program you need to follow the below steps
- Do the Login on the server computer and download the Sage 50 software.
- Once the file is downloaded you need to run the file after selecting your language and after that click on “install” to go-ahead.
- If Windows firewall is enabled on the system, select the option to configure your Windows firewall to work with Sage 50.
- If the server stores only the data file and no one uses the program on the server then select the Advanced option.
- Click on Next to go-ahead.
- Now for Sage 50 server components only select option Server only.
- When the process completes clicking on finish.
Option 2 – Full product has already downloaded on another computer
- Select Windows Start button >>> click on Computer.
- Now go to C:\ drive.
- Double click on the Sage folder and open it.
- Now select Sage 50 Installer files.
- Copy the folder through a USB drive or shared drive to the server.
- Run Lauch.exe file on the server.
- Select option Sage 50.
- After selecting the language click on ok.
- When the system asks you for windows firewall set up click on Yes.
- Select Next.
- Now select the option Advanced from Typical or advanced option.
- Click Next option.
- For the Sage 50 server components select Server-only
- Let the Sage 50 install.
- Once installation completes click on the Finish option.
Option 3 – Update was already installed on another system
- Switch on the system which already has the update installed.
- Open the C drive and open the Sage folder.
- Go to option Simply Accounting and click on option Download.
- Go to the list and search the recent update installed.
- You can locate the update which seems to look as “2019:SA_20191CPCP1.exe”.
- Copy this file to the Server or to the USB drive.
- Now run the update file to the server and it will automatically update the Sage 50 connection manager.
Option 4 – Update was installed on another system and but without a USB drive
- Download the Sage 50 software correct version.
- Save the downloaded file and run the same file on your computer which will install updates which are needed.
Get in touch
Hopefully, the above steps help to install the Sage 50 connection manager. Still, for any information or guidance, you can dial Sage 50 technical support number 1844-871-6291 and connect with the dedicated Sage team. The Sage team is available 24*7 to assist you with all issues related to the Sage. The Sage team is a certified, polite, quick listener, and having years of experience in the same domain. You can also email at [email protected] or fill the contact form to get a call back from Sage professionals.