If you are using QuickBooks you might be required some time to move QuickBooks from one computer to another. Moving QuickBooks is not an easy task, you need to follow the instructions step by step. If you are also looking for the information to move your QuickBooks then you are on the right page. The below article helps you move QB from one computer to in simple and easy step. Just proceed with the step by step as below mentioned and you can move QB to other computers very easily.
How to Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer
First of all, if you are using the currently supported QuickBooks versions, then you should create a backup using your QB software which helps to save almost complete data. Later on, you can restore it to a new computer. Taking backup regularly is a good practice to avoid valuable data loss. Before following the steps to move QuickBooks from one computer to another, make sure to perform the steps properly else data might lose.
- Create a backup of all your data files and licenses
- Go to a new computer, download the back up to the new computer
- Now, install the QuickBooks on the new computer once the above steps are done
- Restore the backup files which are needed by you in QuickBooks
- Delete the QuickBooks from the older computer and you are done
How to Restore a Backup File on your New Computer
Follow the below-mentioned steps to restore the back-up you’ve created.
- Open your storage devices into another computer
- Open QuickBooks
- Go to the File section
- Now, locate and search “Open or Restore Company “option
- To restore back up copy which is already created click on “Restore a Backup Copy” >>>> Click “Next” option
- To save the backup file locally in the system click on “Local Backup” option >>> click on Next
- Now see if QuickBooks automatically detect the location of the backup file, if it doesn’t then select the location of the external device manually.
- Select the file and click it to open.>>>> Save it and then scroll the file where you want to restore and save the backup file
- To restore the QuickBooks file on the computer click on the save option
Once QuickBooks is moved, to make sure that everything is working fine you need to do some more additional steps.
Steps to Follow after Moving QuickBooks to a New Computer
- To start you need to login to each service in order to make everything smoothly, services include Intuit Data Protect and payroll.
- Once login, copy the other company files to another computer through an external storage device( if multiple company files )
- Now, create a backup of your company files to the new computer where you have transferred the QB program.
Following above steps properly lead you to move the QuickBooks to a new computer successfully. If you have still any issues simply get back to QuickBooks Experts.
How to contact?
Feel free to dial +1858-300-6463 and get in touch with QuickBooks experts. QB professionals are available 24*7 to assist you with resolutions, issues, and queries with complete satisfaction. QuickBooks technicians are polite, professionals and have many years of experience in the same field, which enhances the skills to provide you the best user experience. You can also email at [email protected] or fill the contact form to get back a call from QB Helpdesk. You can also QuickBooks live chat with the QB executives to get a prompt response.