To open qbb file without QuickBooks is a tricky task if you do without accurate guidance. This blog will cover the QuickBooks back files in different format. There are generally many files format available in QuickBooks. The knowledge of accurate difference of the QuickBooks files named QBW, QBB & QBM files plays a major role to perform the backup process.
Without having proper guidance, opening a QuickBooks backup file without QuickBooks is a bit complicated. To make your task simpler, you can go through this blog that covers almost all the major information regarding how to open QuickBooks backup files without QuickBooks. Generally, there are plenty of file formats available in QuickBooks. The knowledge of the exact difference of the QuickBooks files namely QBW, QBM, and QBB files plays a major role in performing the backup process.
How many different files are there?
There are 3 types of different files that all are important equally. These 3 files are mentioned here with their description. So you get to know about each type of file. These 3 files are:-
- .qbw file- If you want to add or enter the QuickBooks company file then search for the .qbw file extensions. It is the original file that is used in QuickBooks software as a company file.
- .qbb file- It is the backup file that is used to have a frequent backup. It also helps you to perform the local backup of the company. It contains TLG contents.
- .qbm file- It is identical to the backup file that you created with the QuickBooks. You have to use the option Create copy or portable company file. It is the portable file that you can copy and paste in any location. You can use this file to restore the data of the file.
Steps to Open qbb File Without QuickBooks
There are few methods that help you in opening the file. You have to implement it to open the file and then use the file. The ways to open the file are mentioned below.
Way 1- Steps to Open .qbb File without QuickBooks
💠 Find the company file of the QuickBooks
💠 Select file and right-click on it
💠 Then select the Open option from further options
💠 Locate the file with the .qbb extension
💠 Then select the option Open
💠 In the File option, click on switch to the single user mode
💠 Go to the File menu option
💠 Further, choose the Export option
💠 Click on the Send report to the new Excel spreadsheet
💠 Then click on the OK button
💠 Now, try to open the QuickBooks company file in the Excel spreadsheet
💠 After this, save this file using the file menu option
💠 Also, give the name to the file that you won’t forget and save it to the easy location that you remember
💠 Then click on the Save button to save this file and you are done.
Way 2- Best and Simple Way to Open .qbb file
💠 First of all, open QuickBooks
💠 Go to the file menu
💠 Then click on Open or Restore file
💠 Now, get the location of the qbb file
💠 After that, click on the Open or restore the company file
💠 Select the option restore a backup copy and click on Next button
💠 Choose the Local backup and click the Next button
💠 From the drop-down button, choose the location of backup file that is qbb file
💠 Select the content of the backup file
💠 Click the button Open and then click the Next button to open it up
💠 Now select the location that is preferred to save the restored file
💠 Search the file name and add this new file in it
💠 In the end, click on the Save button to save the restored file.
Steps to Open up the other files like .qbw and .qbx files?
The steps to open the .qbw file format:
- Go to the start menu button into your WIndows system
- Click on the Intuit to open it or launch it
- You have to select the QuickBooks company file
- This is the file that you want to export from your QuickBooks account
- On the folder having the company file, right-click on it
- Then click Open to open it
- If it asks you to enter the credentials to continue
- Provide your user and password
- Go to the Customer Center
- Click on the Excel tab for importing the qbw file to excel
- After that , provide the location and the file name
- Select option Export file
- Then, you are done opening the .qbw file.
The steps to open the .qbx file format:
- Open the file with the .qbx extension
- Goto the File menu option
- Select the option Accountant’s copy
- The Accountant’s copy you have to select is in the Send company file
- Now, convert the Accountant’s copy to the Company File
- After that, click on the OK button
- Search for the location where you want to save this converted company file
- Save the file and click the OK button.
How to restore the .qbb file into the QuickBooks application?
The steps to restore the .qbb file into the QuickBooks account are mentioned here:-
- Initially, check and verify that you are using the same version of the QuickBooks desktop that you have used while taking the backup
- Then select the File menu option
- From further options, select Open or Restore Company
- Then further go with the restore a backup file
- Select the Next button to continue
- Click on the Local backup option again click the Next button
- Locate the .qbb file that you want to restore
- After that, click on the Open button and then click the Next button.
Here you get to know how you can open qbb file without QuickBooks software. So you just know about the file extension types and their work. This helps you to perform accordingly. So follow the procedure and you are all set.
For further queries or any issues, get in touch with QuickBooks helpdesk team. They are available to assist you all around the clock. You can anytime connect with an expert’s team to get the answers and solutions to all the glitches you are facing. To communicate, send an email, do a QuickBooks live chat by sending the screenshot of the problem, or dial a toll-free number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What if I don’t have the same version of QuickBooks that i used to take the backup then how to restore the file?
Ans: In this case, you have to first upgrade your backup file according to your QuickBooks software version. After that you have to restore the backup by following proper process. After that you are done.
Q2. If I have a file in flash drive then how can I restore the QuickBooks file?
Ans: Connect the flash drive to the computer where you want to restore the backup file. After that follow the below- mentioned steps :-
➤ In QuickBooks, click on File menu
➤ Then click on option Open or restore company
➤ Select the option Restore a backup
➤ Click on the next button
➤ Choose the Local Backup option then click the Next button
➤ Select the location to save the file you are restoring in QuickBooks
➤ Click the backup file then click the Save button.
Q3. How can I convert the .qbx file to .qbw file?
Ans: ➤ Open the .qbx or .qba file in the QuickBooks dEsktop software
➤ In the File menu, choose the Send company file option
➤ Now select the Accountant’s copy
➤ Select the option Convert Accountant’s copy into Company File or .qbw
➤ Then click the OK button to proceed
➤ Select location to save the converted file
➤ Click the Save button and click the OK button.