The Outlook is an MS Office email manager that can be integrated with various third-party applications such as QuickBooks to provide email features to them. Users can integrate Outlook with QuickBooks and submit emails from QuickBooks Desktop app. However, you may not be able to send emails from QuickBooks when the “QuickBooks 2020 Outlook is not responding” error message appears. Therefore it is suggested to fix such kind of error immediately. Read this post until the end to resolve this Outlook is not responding issue. For further information, connect with the team of accountingguide.co via email or live chat.
QuickBooks 2020 Outlook is not Responding. What is it?
Many times it happens when you’re working on your QuickBooks Desktop and need to send some important invoices and tax reports to your customers or clients. In some case, an error occurs that states that QuickBooks is not able to send email to Outlook 365. The error can arise due to various reasons and that are discussed below.
Reasons behind the Outlook is not Responding
Here are some of the stated reasons behind the arrival of QuickBooks 2020 Outlook is not responding. Let’s have a look at these possible causes:
- Damaged or corrupted MAPI32.dll file
- Improper installations of the Outlook on Windows
- You have login as an Admin in Windows while working on QuickBooks Desktop
- Incorrect email settings in Internet Explorer
- Erroneous settings for an email in QuickBooks application
- An incomplete and improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software
- MS Outlook is already running in the background can be other reasons behind occurring this error
4 Easy Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks 2020 Outlook is not Responding
Here are easy and reliable methods to fix this error for your consideration. It is suggested you follow each method in the given sequence. Let’s see these easy methods one by one:
Method 1: Verify the Email Preferences in Internet explorer
If email preferences in Internet Explorer are set up incorrectly in Internet Explorer then perform the given steps to fix the issue.
- Initially, close QuickBooks and ensure that there is no company file is open
- Next, open Internet Explorer on Windows
- Now select Gear Icon and then choose Internet options
- Navigate the Programs and make sure in the settings you’ve selected Outlook as the default email programs
- Hit Apply and then press Ok in order to complete the process
If the error still occurs then move to next method
Method 2: Edit Email Preferences in QuickBooks
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to edit your email preferences in the QuickBooks Desktop application
- The very first, open QuickBooks and then select the Preferences within the Edit tab
- Next, click on the Send Forms to move further
- Now go to My Preferences and select the option to Send email
- Hit the Ok button
- After that move back to the Edit tab once again and click on the Preferences
- Click on Send Forms and then move to My Preferences option
- Now click on the QuickBooks Email and then hit Ok button
- Next, select Edit and then Preferences to move further
- At last, select Outlook and hit Ok button to finish the process
Method 3: Fix Damaged MAPI132.dll file
It can be one of the most apparent reasons behind the “QuickBooks 2020 Outlook is not responding” issue. Follow the given steps in order to fix this email error.
- Firstly, close all the programs that are running in the background Windows
- Now open the folder that contains the Fixmapi.exe file through C:\ Windows\ System32 path within the Windows File Manager
- Now search and double-click on Fixmapi.exe file
- Wait till the repairing process completes and then try to send an email from QuickBooks to verify whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: uncheck the “Run this program as Administrator” option
- Initially, close QuickBooks and press Windows Start button from your keyboard
- Next, type QuickBooks Desktop in the appeared search tab
- Once find then right-click on the same icon and select Open File Location
- Now search and right-click on QuickBooks .exe file and then select Properties from the folder that contains the company file
- After that select Compatibility and then uncheck the option named “Run this program as Administrator”
- In case, you’re not able to uncheck that option (it is grayed out) then select show settings for all users to see the back option
- Select Apply and then click the Ok button to confirm the changes that are made.
Get in touch with accountingguide.co experts
So, the above are the 4 easy and reliable methods to fix QuickBooks 2020 Outlook is not responding. In any case, even after performing the troubleshooting then it is recommended you to get in touch with the team via dropping an email at this email address [email protected]. If you are looking for immediate help then you can go through live chat that is available 24*7. You can also fill the form along with your query details and the team will get back to you in the minimum time frame or maximum they take 2-3 hours.