QuickBooks is a widely used accounting solution and pretty popular because of its more user-friendly and high level of reliability that it delivers. Apart from being popular among small and mid-size businesses, sometimes it also encounters an error like other accounting applications. QuickBooks Abort error is one of them, it usually occurs when users have made any changes in the company files. It creates difficulty while accessing the company files and it displays an error message on the screen that “the connection to the company file has been lost”. It also indicates there is some file that gets damaged in QuickBooks. This blog helps you if QuickBooks keeps aborting along with that you can also discover its various causes, symptoms and effective solutions to fix this abort error. Moreover, you can easily connect with the team via dropping an email or do a 24*7 live chat.
About QuickBooks abort error
This error mainly occurs when there is damage to QBWUSER.INI file. Sometimes, QB unexpectedly crashes while saving progress or making changes to files, while the progress is being saved, your system might switch off; QuickBooks automatically crashes or closes due to this error. Most of the QuickBooks operations stop working due to regular crashes.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks abort error
The below listed are the following indications that may be noticed before getting QB abort error and hinders your entire work with QuickBooks.
- It automatically shut down while working with software.
- System crashes frequently
- It is quite possible when QB crash without displaying any error message
- If you are using windows 8 then QB gets terminated frequently when this error appears.
- Poor internet connection
- System performance overheating the issues.
Possible causes of this abort error
Check out the list of causes that might be one of the reason behind this error and it could help you to troubleshoot the error after knowing the actual causes:
- QuickBooks’ INI files are incomplete or damaged.
- Issue with your hard drive or other removable device that you are using.
- To host QuickBooks, several computer networks will be built on a single device.
- Use different versions of QuickBooks in a multiple user mode.
- Any updates to QuickBooks missing.
- QB firewall and antivirus are lashing with QuickBooks file
- While saving the QB Company files the sleep and hibernation mode may be turned on can be one of the reasons.
- The folder where file saving is usually needed can require any additional authorization.
Important factors need to keep in mind
When you implement the above remedies and make adjustments to correct the mistake of aborting QuickBooks, and then make sure that you have the administrator password.
Typically these fixes repair QuickBooks’ abortion mistake but, if you ever consider the error message to flash, you can still contact the professional team to get the best assistance.
Effective ways to fix QuickBooks abort error
Here are a few solutions to get rid of the abort error. Perform these appropriate solutions to get the best results. To address this issue, the database server manager must be restarted, the file transferred to the specific folder, the power-saving mode set to never.
Solution 1: Rename the file labeled QBWUSER.INI
Renaming this particular file helps you to remove the last list of files that you opened.
- The very first, enable the hidden folders where QBWUSER.INI is saved
- Next, navigate the location named \[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks[year]\
- After that, select the rename option by right-clicking the same
- Add .old at the end of the particular file name
- Along with that, rename the .ecml file
- At last, try to open the same file.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Initially, install the QB File Doctor
- Now, double-click on the icon in order to open the tool
- Next, it shows all the results include:
- If it appears “error detected” then
- You need to repair the particular file
- Also, restore the backup file
- If it appears “no error detected” that indicates the files are ok
- Finally, recover the lost data using QB Auto Data Recovery.
Solution 3: Check the QuickBooks hosting status
- Firstly, go to Files menu and then go to the Utilities
- After that, hit the option named “stop hosting to multi-user access
- Now, try to open the file on the multi-user mode
- Make sure the checkbox named “open file in multi-user mode” should be marked.
Sometimes, the firewall of the system may block the network access which in turn would block too many QuickBooks files and programs. So, it is necessary to configure the Windows Firewall to work well with QB.
Solution 4: Disable Antivirus and other Security Programs
Various software is commonly used to block security threats. Much of such software takes a security threat to certain ports. Hence some of these ports are blocked. You may need to turn off the firewalls for the security software manually. You still confuse the steps then you need to contact your security software provider to search for steps on allowing QuickBooks through Internet ports.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
This Tool helps you to identify, analyze, as well as repair all types of issues that you encounter while using the software. It also reveals issues to you if any in your Operating System. The below-mentioned are the steps to use Diagnostic Tool:
- The very first, close all the background running program
- Next, download and install the Tool
- Once downloading is done the Tool then you can see QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file on your screen
- Now, run the tool by double-clicking on it
- The Tool detect the issue and fix all the errors of QuickBooks automatically
- Restart the system in order to change to take place.
Solution 6: Try to restore QB from Backup
If none of the above measures seem to work for you, then seek to restore QuickBooks from backup. Login as an administrator to your system, and then restore QuickBooks from your file backup. At this phase, the problems and errors are typically taken care of and you no longer get the error messages for the abortion.
Still seeking for professional assistance
So, the above-mentioned is the complete resolution to fix QuickBooks abort error. If you ever come across this mistake again, you can try to correct it as soon as possible. As more delay may have an effect on your system.
For more queries, you can easily connect with the team at www.accountingguide.co via email at this email address email@example.com. You can fill out the customer contact form along with the query details or can also do a 24*7 live chat. The team will get back to you soon with complete solutions or they take 2-3 hours.