QuickBooks Activation Not Working disrupts the activation process as well as hinders further processes that are lined up for QuickBooks. Adequate QuickBooks function to carry out various tasks and processes. It is necessary that the user must register/activate the QB Desktop properly before they start the installation process. Though, if you’re a new QuickBooks user or just want to upgrade to the latest released QuickBooks 2020 version of the software, you may come across some issues while activating it. When you encounter an error message displayed on your screen: “QuickBooks Validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable”. Don’t fret! Just go through the provided troubleshooting methods in this particular blog. For more, you can connect with the technical team via email or live chat.
What Leads to QuickBooks Activation not Working Error?
It happens when you experience many mistakes such as,
- Approval code is wrong or the administration is not briefly accessible right now in the midst of QuickBooks Desktop actuation.
- In the off chance, you tried to enact the arrival of your QuickBooks Desktop bookkeeping programming over the Internet along these lines; you might end up getting blunders like this one.
- Many customers encounter this sort of problem with the arrival of QuickBooks Desktop money related to bookkeeping programming.
Few Pointers need to Check Before you Precede Troubleshooting Methods
Here are some of the points that users also need to check before they proceed with the troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks activation not working error. Check out here:
- Make sure QuickBooks is active
- The license number and the product code must match that are mentioned on the stickers and on the QB products package
- For downloaded products: Check out the confirmation email of your purchase, if you’ve downloaded the QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks CD: If you’ve downloaded via the CD, find the brightly colored sticker on the CD envelope
Resolve QuickBooks Activation not Working Error with 7 Easy Ways
Try all the mentioned-below troubleshooting methods to Resolve QuickBooks Activation Not Working or activate your QuickBooks smoothly. These are:
Method 1: Verify the date and time settings on your system
- Initially, one should close or log out QuickBooks Desktop as well as all its files
- Next, go to Windows Taskbar and right-click the time display and then select Adjust Date/Time
- If your system’s date and time is not correct then select the date and time tab and correct them
- After that hit the Ok button before clicking on the Apply button
- Next, open your QB Desktop and then go to Help
- Now choose Activate QuickBooks
- At last, enter the validation code and hit the Next button.
Method 2: Close all the running QuickBooks tasks
Issues with background processes in QuickBooks can stop you from enabling the program. You can also use the QuickBooks Refresher tool (available on Intuit’s website) to close and restore all background activities in QuickBooks. Run the tool and try turning it on again.
Open QuickBooks after running the tool, and try to activate it. If you are still experiencing the same issue then proceed to method 3.
Method 3: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If there were any problems while installing QuickBooks, you could face activation problems. However, you can run the QuickBooks Install tool to fix common install problems. The error still has not been resolved, move to the next solution.
Method 4: Reactivate MSXML
Follow the steps for different Operating system:
For 64-bit Operating System
- Initially, go to Windows Start key and then type cmd in the appear search tab
- Next, right-click on the same and then select Run as Administrator
- Now type cd\windows\syswow64 at the C: prompt and hit Enter button
- Along with that Type regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and hit the Enter
- Also, type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and then hit the Enter button.
For 32-bit Operating System
- The very first, press Windows + R key together in order to open Run Command
- Next, type cmd and then hit the Enter button
- Along with that type regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and press the Enter button
- Also, type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and then press the Enter button.
Method 5: Create a new Windows admin
- Creating a new Windows user and this may repair the account damage
- Press the Windows Start button and go to Settings
- Next, go to Accounts and then Family and other users
- Now hit the Add another person to this PC
- After that, select the option named “I do not have the sign-in information for this person” that you can see at the bottom of the page
- Next, select the “Add users without a Microsoft account”
- Type the new name for the new account
- Hit the Finish By Default and now you can see a new account is set as the standard user
- After that click on the newly created account and then select the account type
- Using the drop-down menu, select Admin
- Hit the Ok button
- Sign in as a new user before that you have to sign out from previous Windows
- Finally, open QB Desktop then go to Help then Activate QuickBooks and then Start Activation.
Solution 6: Clean Install your QuickBooks Desktop
In case the above solutions haven’t worked, try clean installing your QuickBooks software. It wouldn’t harm your company file or anything else, and wouldn’t affect your company data.
Solution 7: Close all the Processes
- Firstly, close the currently used QuickBooks version
- Next, altogether press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Delete also hit the Start Task option
- Now click on the Processes tab
- After that select the “image name” option to sort the processes in an alphabetical order
- To proceed further, you have end QBUPDATE.exe, QuickBooksWebConnector.exe, QBW32.exe, QBDBMGR.exe, QuickBooksMessaging.exe any of these processes
- Once you’ve done with that then make sure you have closed the Task Manager
- Lastly, click on the Install QuickBooks software.
Reach out a professional team for additional assistance
Hopefully, with the above-provided methods, you’re able to activate your QuickBooks Desktop and help you to Resolve QuickBooks Activation Not Working. In any case, even after following all the methods and you are still getting the same issues then it is recommended to reach out to the team of accountingguide.co. You can connect them via email at [email protected] or do a live chat. If you’re unable to reach them then fill-up the customer Contact form and soon you’ll be connected with QuickBooks experts with the complete resolution that helps you to eliminate your error.