Users face QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open will not open when they are attempting to open their company file. Sometimes, the system gets shut down because of the occurrence of this error. Most probably, users experience this error message while working with the check and payroll process in QuickBooks.
This happens if the program is not successfully installed or your file is corrupted this can cause a few data damage once you access QB Desktop file. So, it is recommended that you fix this issue as soon as possible. To make your work easy and quick, we have come up with this blog post as it covers all the possible causes and solutions for “QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open” error.
Possible reasons that causes Quickbooks Wont Open Check Register:
Here are the most common reasons that cause this problem:
- Issue with the location where you have saved your file
- QuickBooks is not update and might your system having virus-infected
- Corrupt files on the hard drive
- Problem with transaction and reports templates which were left open within the file for the last time it was closed (especially if you have the Preference selected to “Save desktop upon exit”.
Resolutions to fix an error- QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open:
Below provided are various solutions to eliminate the error as soon as possible. So let’s proceed with the steps elaborated in every method:
- First, close your QuickBooks software
- Next, press Windows + E keys from your keyboard and this will open my computer window
- Now, go to the Uninstall or Change program from the Control Panel
- After that, select QuickBooks and click “Uninstall or Change” option
- Click the Next button in the open window of QuickBooks Installation
- Choose the button “Repair Radio” and then click Repair tab
- At last, click Finish to successfully repair QuickBooks and once done then restart your PC.
- In this method, close all your Windows which are opened in your QuickBooks software
- Reduce the file size and then configure the Settings of Internet Security
- After that, rebuild the file to confirm that there is no data corruption in your file
- Defragment the hard drive for easy files access in QuickBooks
- After done with that backup your data
- Create and then restore a portable copy backup of the file
- With this the re-indexing of files is done and it will help you to boost the performance.
- Make a double-click on QuickBooks gear icon together with Alt key
- Next, a message display for the user password
- After that, type password and then hit Ok
- Now, the file starts to open, you have to press the Alt key and make sure you don’t release it until the file is opened successfully.
- In the beginning, go to the File menu and select the option “Open or Restore Company”
- Next, click on the option “Open or Restore a Backup Copy”
- Hit the “Local Backup” option >> Next.
- Choose the location of the backup files
- From the dropdown list, you have to select the backup file
- Make sure your file name should appear as “Company Name.qbb
- Then click Open and choose the location where the file is to be restored
- Save the file name with .qbw extension in the field name
- Hit the Save button.
You can also download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and repair all such issues.
Well, you are now aware of the many conditions due to which the QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open issue is occurring including the time-saving fixation methods. After you work around this QuickBooks error code using the above-described methods, hopefully this time you successfully to fix the error.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the common occurrences when I encounter QuickBooks Check Register Will Not Open issue?
Ans: It usually face this issue when
➤ You are trying to open the company file
➤ The creation of the backup files
➤ Running or examining the Rebuild
➤ Using the open previous company feature
➤ Sending the payroll via Direct Deposit
➤ You’re trying to update the Payroll service
➤ You are to create the portable file or while saving your transactions
➤ You close any window which is opened in the company file.
Q2. How do I access the check register in QuickBooks?
Ans: To open or access the check register in QuickBooks and for that you have to go to the Chart of Accounts to open it:
➤ In the left-hand corner, go to the Accounting menu >> Gear menu
➤ Select the Chart of Accounts
➤ Look for the account and then click “View Register” which is beside it.
➤ You can also sort your bank account information according to your preferences. Date, Reference Number, and Amount can all be used to sort the data.
Q3. What is the purpose of using the Check register in QuickBooks?
Ans: A check register assists you in keeping track of your account’s transactions. Even if you check your account balance online, the details provided by your available balance can be misleading. Banks may make mistakes, and you can forget about transactions from time to time. The check register also helps you to identify the bank mistakes, catch identity theft, avoid bounced checks, and many more.