Are you also one of them who stuck in QuickBooks error 12157 and don’t know how to get resolve that issue? If yes then below article is very useful for you. Everyone knows that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software which leads to a good and organized accounting for your business. QuickBooks error 12157 is one of the most known errors which arises anytime and ruin your time and work. This error code comes under the 12000 error series which happens due to web connectivity issues with Microsoft Win 32 Internet. This article covers the error description, causes, resolutions. You can also contact accountingguide.co to get step by step help.
What is QuickBooks Error 12157?
QuickBooks Error 12157 an error of series starting with 12XXXX which usually happens when the web connectivity issues happen in the Windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 Internet or WinInetAPI. API is used by QuickBooks software to run internet services protocol easily especially FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. This error happens with either setting up updates of downloading the software. However, these are the most common error but there may be some more factors which are behind this error.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 12157
Before proceeding with the methods to solve it, we need to know about the causes which arise this error. Let’s check it out:
- System date or time is incorrect
- Error code 12157 may be a direct output of restrictive settings of firewall and internet security applications
- If you installed multiple QuickBooks on the system then also it can happen
- INternet and security apps crop up at a time of updating the QuickBooks desktop software
Methods to Solve the QuickBooks Error 12157
There are many methods to solve this error by the experts and certified QuickBooks experts. Before proceeding it is always advisable that you need to update the QuickBooks 2020 software to the latest version. Below mentioned methods help you to come out of this error.
Method 1 – Reset the computer’s date and time
Use the below steps and reset the computer date and time
- First, go to the clock at the right bottom of the system screen
- Do a right-click with the mouse
- Now select Adjust date/time from the list of options appear
- Select the current date and time
- Now click on OK and close the screen ( date and time has been solved)
- Now close the QuickBooks
- Now reopen the QuickBooks
- Now run the QuickBooks update again and observe whether still error is there or it has been resolved
Method 2 – Restore the computer
- Click on start your computer option
- Log in as system administrator
- Now press start to catch >>click on all applications, accessories, computer tools and then click on the system repair option
- Now you need to open a new window >>click on reinstall my pc and then click on next
- Now you need to click a restore point and click next, with this select advanced system to restore the point
- On the confirmation window click Next
- Now finally reboot the computer
Method 3 – Change the internet connection settings
Changing the internet connection settings may also give you rid from the above error, you should follow the below steps:
- Open the QuickBooks
- Now visit the Help menu
- Select Internet connection setup
- Select option “use my Computer internet connection settings to make a connection when the application access the internet”
- Now click on next
- Open the advanced connection settings
- visit the advanced tab
- select the restore advanced settings option
- click ok
Method 4 – Adding QuickBooks and its additional process to the exception of the firewall
Sometimes firewalls and internet security settings are not configured properly but you need to make sure that the ports are 80 and 443 are active.
In these cases following the list of files should have access namely:
Hopefully, the above steps help to come out of QuickBooks error 12157. For more help, you can visit accountingguide.co and do a QuickBooks live chat with the QuickBooks technical experts. QuickBooks professionals are polite, trained, educated, and having massively experienced in the same domain. You can also email at [email protected] and get connected with qualified and certified QuickBooks professionals. QuickBooks helpline is available 24*7 to assist you with all the issues related to the QuickBooks.