Solving QuickBooks 1402 errors can be easy if you know about the causes and ways to resolve them, else you can lose your valuable data. In the below article, you will get to know about the QuickBooks Error 1402, its causes, and solutions. For step y step guidance you can also visit www.accountingguide.co. After reading this below-mentioned article you would be able to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1402. Below methods are mentioned in the proper way to guide you and to resolve the issue.
What is QuickBooks Error 1402?
QuickBooks Error 1402 is one of installation error which happens when there is any issues happens while installation. Any incomplete or improper installation leads to the QuickBooks error 1402. While getting this message user sees the message on the screen as “Could not open key”. A faulty download of the software leads to the error as some of the files may be missed which are very important for the installation and these issues lead to the misbehaving of software.
Causes for QuickBooks Error 1402
There can be many causes for the QuickBooks Error 1402 and some major causes are given below :
- Incomplete or improper installation of QuickBooks
- Window not updated to the latest version
- Damaged CD if installing software from CD
- Corrupted QuickBooks installation file
Methods to Solve the QuickBooks Error code 1402
Below are some recommended ways through which you can easily overcome this error. Let’s check them.
Solution 1 – By using the QuickBooks install tool
There is a QuickBooks install tool that is equipped to address all installation issues. To use this tool you need to install and run the same.
- Download the QuickBooks install tool
- Close all running program
- Run the tool after this. It might take approx 20 min as per the network and speed of the system to finish the process
- Now restart the windows when the process is complete
Solution 2 – Update Windows and install the missing updates
An incomplete or improper installation of the QuickBooks software can also lead to this error if the operating system is updated efficiently.
- Click the windows icon from the bottom of the desktop
- Now do the Window update and select option “Check for updates”
- Install all the pending updates
- Now restart the computer after update
Solution 3 – Reinstall the QuickBooks
Sometimes improper installation of the QuickBooks can lead to Error 1402. You can reinstall the QuickBooks to get rectify this error.
- Go to control panel>>click it and open the same
- Search for Add or remove the programs
- Now search for QuickBooks and Uninstall it
- Now restart the QuickBooks and Reinstall the QuickBooks
Tips to prevent the QuickBooks Error 1402?
After solving the error 1402, it is very important to take the necessary steps to prevent it from coming again.
- Make sure to Backup your data frequently to prevent it
- Don’t input the software installation, even it is taking more time to install
- If by chance you have interrupted make sure to delete all junk files deleted properly and again install the QuickBooks
- Always regularly update the QuickBooks software
For more information visit www.accountingguide.co. Our QuickBooks Pro advisors are available 24*7 to assist you with all the errors, issues, and queries for QuickBooks. QuickBooks experts are professional, polite, trained, certified, and experienced which helps them to understand the issues deeply and properly solve the things with the latest and advanced tools. You can also do a live chat with QuickBooks experts or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and soon one of the QuickBooks technician contacts you with the solution.