QuickBooks is the best leading accounting application that helps thousands and millions of small and mid-sized companies to handle business expenses, track change orders, manage inventory, generate invoices, and more. It is pretty flexible software that is precisely designed to manage payroll, accounting, financial activity, and other business requirements. But this futuristic software may often come up with errors, perform sluggishly, or face some other kind of issues. If your Microsoft Window is running slowly and your machine is “freezing” on a regular basis, then there might be the chance of occurring QuickBooks Error 1772. You can get a clear understanding of the different causes of the error and its solutions as you can read in this article. In case, you have more queries then you can connect with the team at www.accountingguide.co.
Insights into QuickBooks Error 1772
The error occurs during the program installation or while Intuit Inc.-related software programs (like QuickBooks) are running. It can also occur when your Windows startup or shutdown. It is recommended you always keep track when this error occurs and why it is happening so that it will be better and helps you later when you’re going to fix QuickBooks Error 1772.
Causes involved in install QuickBooks error code 1772
QuickBooks Error 1772 could be caused by one or more of the following reasons:
- The installation of QuickBooks is incomplete or impaired.
- Damaged Windows which may have been registered as a result of the last program update related to QuickBooks.
- Several infections with viruses, bugs or malware have infected MS Windows machine files or one or more files associated with QuickBooks.
- Any software or virus deleted file related to QuickBooks.
- You may have unintentionally deleted important files that are relevant to QuickBooks.
Error code 1772 and similar installation errors that occur at run-time, which is why they are called run-time errors, and it is important that every possible reason for this error must be fixed to prevent it from occurring again in the near future.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1772
Here is the list of signs and symptoms of the error. Have a look at these:
- Error 1722 and similar errors will occur and crash the operating system and all other active windows.
- It can trigger a frequent crash of your machine while running the same program.
- Your operating system can run slowly and can respond slowly to inputs from the mouse or keyboard.
- Your machine can freeze for a few seconds at regular intervals.
- This can occur during the installation of QB.
Different methods to fix QuickBooks Error 1772
Check out the below-mentioned methods to fix this installation error. The only suggestion is to perform the steps in the given sequence and carefully resolve the issue.
Method 1: Run a Full Malware scan of your computer
Malicious software such as spyware, malware, and viruses can corrupt, harm, or delete some of your important files that could cause such runtime error. Removing such malicious software can correct this mistake. If the problem still continue then move to the next method.
Method 2: Clean Installation of your QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, press and hold simultaneously Windows + R keys from your console
- Now, you can see a Run box Windows open
- Next, type appwiz.cpl and then hit the “Ok” button
- After that, select the latest QuickBooks version from the items list
- You require to uninstall the same
- Once the installation completes then you need to perform the clean QuickBooks installation
- Next, run the clean installation tool
- Perform the on-screen instruction carefully to install the QB software
- Restart the system when the installation completes
- You are also required to repair the Microsoft.Net Framework before moving further.
Method 3: Update your PC Device Drivers
QuickBooks Error 1772 can also be caused by computer drivers that are corrupted or out of date. Updating your system driver on your computer will correct the runtime error automatically. The driver upgrade process can be complex, and time-consuming. So, you can make use of the driver update tool.
Method 4: Install all available Windows Updates
Microsoft is used to upgrade and helps you to improve Windows system files which could be correlated with Error 1722. Often troubleshooting these runtime errors may be as easy as upgrading Microsoft Windows with the new Service Pack or other patches that Microsoft frequently publishes.
Check for Windows Updates (Windows Vista, XP, 10, 8, and 7)
- Press the Windows Start button
- Next, type “Update” in the appear search box and then hit “ENTER” key
- Now, a dialog box of Windows updates appears on the screen
- Then click on the Install Updates button if any available.
Method 5: Run Windows System File Checker
System File Checker is a highly useful Windows built-in tool as it helps you to check for corruption in Windows system files (including those related to runtime errors like Error 1722). Computer File Checker (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10) ways to run:
- The very first step is to press the Windows Start button from the console
- Next, type “Command” within the search box
- But make sure do not press “Enter” key
- Now, press and simultaneously hold Ctrl and Shift keys from your keyboard
- And then hit the “Enter” key as well
- When you do that then a permission dialog box appears
- And then to confirm it, you have to click the “Yes” button
- After that, a black box appears with a blinking cursor on your screen
- Next, type “sfc/ scannow” and then hit the “Enter” key
- System File Checker scans for Error 1722 and other problems with system files (this method can take some time). Follow on-screen appear instructions.
The above-discussed are all the possible solutions for how to Fix QuickBooks Error 1772, so you can apply any of these methods after looking out your error causes. These kinds of QuickBooks runtime errors can be easily fixed by following any of the methods without hampering any valuable data.
In case, after performing the above methods; you’re unable to resolve this error then it is recommended you connect with the QuickBooks technical support team by dropping an email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even do a live chat that is available all round the clock. You can also fill out the form and then the team will get back to you in the minimum time frame.