QuickBooks is one of the most famous accounting software which made a new way in the field of accounting and bookkeeping. However, some errors and issues always come in the way. Today below article is going to discuss the QuickBooks Error 6000 301. It can be seen that this error belongs to the series of the 6000 error, its causes solutions are also mentioned below step by step so that any user or reader can sort out the issue as earliest.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 301?
As mentioned this is an error that comes with an error message as it is a series of 6000 error. Users may often face the error QuickBooks 6000 301. It can happen while opening the company file in different Quickbooks versions and QuickBooks 2020 won’t open, It happens when a user is trying to open a QuickBooks company file with the .qbw file and disk space is not enough. It happens over the screen and leads to produce the disturbing while managing and handling activities. Behind this, there can be multiple causes as mentioned below.
Series of the 6000 QuickBooks Error
Causes for the QuickBooks Error 6000 301
The QuickBooks Error 6000 301 can be due to various reasons such as :
- Corrupted QuickBooks supported files such as transaction file, network descriptor file data source name file
- User is trying to open the QB desktop company file situated in the had disk of the server accessing the QB server manager
- .qbw company files get corrupted
- User is trying to install encrypted software which may hamper the process
- database file name gets damaged
Effects of the QuickBooks error code 6000 301
The effects of QuickBooks error code 6000 301 are below mentioned
- user unable to access the damaged company file
- The user might have to rebuild the same company file
- Massive time crunch
- Issues related to excess data usage time management
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 301
Disabling encryption software
If you see any encryption software on the computer then you need to disable it.
- User need to communicate with the software merchant for the encryption of the software
Reboot the computer
Another way in which the user can resolve the issues is to restart the computer. Restarting the computer may help to QB users to get rid of some QuickBooks errors. Hence you may restart the computer and check if the error is still coming or not.
Change the name of the QuickBooks.ND files
Renaming the.ND files are containing the below steps :
- Open the folder including the company file
- Now you can see the file with the same name as QuickBooks file, with different extension .tlg along with .nd and .dsu
- Right-click each file with clicking on the rename option. Now users have to add the word.OLD to each file
- This step will help the user in rebuilding the company data file which keeps away from the default database
Repair the QuickBooks desktop
Initially, the user should delete the files that are of no use or corrupted. Hence repairing the QuickBooks desktop software can help the user in getting rid of QuickBooks error 6000, 301 very easily.
- Go to start tab
- Open the control panel
- Go and click on the program tab
- Click on program and features tab
- Select the QuickBooks software >>> click on uninstall option
- Click on next tab once the QuickBooks installation window appears
- Now select the radio tab and then click on repair icon
- Now click on the next tab and then select the repair tab
- Now finally click on finish tab
Install QuickBooks file doctor
Users need to download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then scan all the errors that are present in files. Below steps are need to be followed after downloading the tool:
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then click on the .exe file which will start the installation process
- Now search the icon on the Windows taskbar for opening, if it doesn’t open from its own
- Now use the drop-down list and then look for the company file, you can also click on the browse tab and then go to continue
- Once it is done, the user needs to click on option both file damage and network connectivity respectively
- Now mention the admin password which can be seen on company files then click on next
- Select the host/server or workstation. Make sure if you are running the file doctor on the workstation then you need to select the workstation, else select the server accordingly
- Click yes if the file doctor is running on the system hosting the company files. You also have to select the No
- You need to finish diagnosing to end the process
Update QuickBooks Software
- In this method, you need to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version and which is QuickBooks desktop 2020
- If still company file it not opening you can go for some other option
For any query, you can visit www.accountingguide.co and do a QuickBooks live chat support with the QuickBooks experts. QuickBooks technicians are polite, quick listeners, and having the massive experience in the same domain which enhances the problem-solving skills of the experts. QuickBooks helpdesk is available 24*7. You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the contact form to get the call from experts with the resolution. www.accountingguide.co is a one-stop-shop for all your solution needed for QuickBooks.