QuickBooks error code 6000 77 message pops up on your computer screen when your company file is not saved in an appropriate folder or you don’t have the insufficient authorization to run those folders. When you encounter this error, it will allow working on QuickBooks, or that might hinder your entire workflow. With the help of solutions that are explained in this blog, you can get rectify your error.
What are the possible reasons behind the occurring of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Like resolving the problem is very important to get your work done, it is also pretty important to know the causes behind the error that help you in rectifying the error with much ease. Here is the list of QB error code 6000 77 reasons:
- If firewall settings or other security prevents you from running the operations because of the blockage.
- It can also happen when your Windows and QuickBooks version are outdated.
- The explanation for QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 could also be that your server is not properly approved.
- The company file is located instead of the local drive or any network on the external storage.
- If the multi-user mode in QuickBooks is used.
Efficacious solutions for how to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
For all QuickBooks error or issues, there are specific sets of troubleshooting methods are designed to help users to get rid of such error. Here are some effective solutions for error code 6000 77. Let’s see:
Solution 1: Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor
This Tool helps you in repairing the corrupt or damaged company file as well as the error caused due to the damage.
- Initially, download the QB File Doctor tool from the Intuit official website
- Next, run the tool and you have to wait until the process gets finished
- Finally, verify whether the error is resolved or still exits.
Solution 2: Rename the files with the extensions .ND & .TLG
Renaming the corresponding .QBW files with the different extensions .ND and .TLG might be helpful for you in resolving the error. Here’s how:
- The very first, open your folder in which you have stored the QB company file
- Next, look for the files with the extensions .ND and .TLG
- Now, make a right-click on the selected files
- Using the drop-down menu, choose the “Rename” option
- And lastly, add “old” at the end of the extension and press the “Enter” button to save it.
Solution 3: Recreate the damaged folder which creates QuickBooks Error 6000 77
If you still experiencing the same issues then do follow this solution may help you to get rid of this error.
- Firstly, open your C: drive and then create a new folder on the same drive
- Next, locate the folder which contains the .QBW file
- Now, make a right-click on the chosen file
- And then select the copy option using the drop-down menu
- After that, you have to open the newly created folder
- And paste the copied company file
- To move forward, you have to define the permissions that helps you to share the files from Windows
- At last, open the file from the new folder and verify whether the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Replace the mapped drive with UNC Path
It will help to overcome the error code (6000-77) by using the UNC route as an alternative to the mapped drive. Accomplish the task by carefully following the steps listed below:
- In the very first step, go to the QuickBooks icon and make a right-click on the same
- You can also press the CTRL key simultaneously
- Your previous activity opens a drop-down menu where you need to pick Run as Administrator.
- Next, a long-press CTRL key to open Window No Business.
- This sequence is followed by File > Open or Restore Company > Open Company File > Next.
- Now select Network, on the left panel.
- Go to the folder that holds the Company File for QuickBooks.
- Specify the permissions for the folder to open and access the file.
Connect with QuickBooks experts for more queries
So, with the above-provided solutions; you can easily deal with how to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77. After performing the above solutions, if you are still not able to resolve the issue then connect with the team of experts via QuickBooks technical support number 1858-300-6463. You can also connect them via email [email protected] or 24*7 QuickBooks live chat support.