Users usually come across with QuickBooks error 99001 messages during programming installation. Or it can occur during the installation process of the Windows operating system, Windows shut down or start-up, and while working on the QuickBooks software. It is suggested you maintain a record when you recognize an error message; the problem is convenient as a critical piece of information for troubleshooting. If you’re looking for the solution then go through this ultimate guide until the end. This guide contains complete insights about factors including 4 proven ways to fix this error manually along with reasons, symptoms, and its effect. For further conversation, you can easily connect with the accountingguide.co team via email or QuickBooks live chat.
What is QuickBooks Error 99001?
This QuickBooks error code 99001 indicates that any users have opened the company file in a single-user mode. That’s why it is important that users should switch to multi-user mode. If necessary, the server Admin can end every QuickBooks session via Task manager. When users recognize the error then they may come across with one of the major symptoms that are going to be discussed in the below paragraph.
Basic information regarding QuickBooks error 99001
- QuickBooks Error number: 99001
- Error name: QuickBooks Error code 99001
- Software: QuickBooks
- Developer: Intuit Inc.
- Description of QuickBooks Error: QuickBooks Error code 99001: QB has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
- Applies to: Windows XP, 7, 8 Vista.
Possible causes behind of QuickBooks Error 99001
Most of the QuickBooks errors are caused due to several reasons. That’s why there is no definite reason behind QuickBooks error code 99001 occurring. Here are some of the causes involved that users usually come across:
- The file you are trying to get access to your system is in a network folder that is read-only.
- On the server, some other program accesses the file you want to open in one single-user mode.
- You are connected via remote access software to a host computer, and they still go through the file or have not yet logged off.
- The required file is stored on a Linux server in a shared folder which requires multiple sets of login credentials for the sign-in.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 99001
Find the list of some of the effects that this QuickBooks runtime error can show on your system:
- Your computer is unresponsive or from time to time freezes for a few seconds.
- The error message appears and the active program window breaks.
- Windows starts responding sluggishly as well as running slowly because of this error.
- When running the same program the computer where QuickBooks is installed constantly crashes.
2 Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 99001
Check out here are the feasible methods that are easy to follow and do not consume much time to apply. So, in case the first method does not help in eliminating QuickBooks error 99001. Try the other method hopefully, helps you get the issue under control.
Method 1: Utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor
Users can fix the error with the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This is important so it is suggested you do the steps very carefully.
- The very first, you need to download
- Next, install the setup
- And then run the QuickBooks File Doctor
Method 2: Fix it manually
Here are 4 proven ways to fix this runtime error manually.
Case 1: If the company file is open in single-user mode in another workstation
- Initially, QuickBooks Desktop in all the systems
- Next, simply go to company file on the Host computer
- After that, go to file menu bar and then select switch to a Multi-user mode
- In case, if the same issue occurs again then reboot all the system of workstations.
Case 2: If the company file is placed in a read-only network folder
- The very first, go to the system which is hosting your company file
- Next, open the folder containing the company file
- Right-click on the same and simply select Properties
- After that, visit the Security tab
- Now select the error facing users to log in and then click on Edit
- Verify and make sure it allows complete access in this particular step
- Finally, hit the Apply button and then click on the Ok button.
Case 3: If the company file is open in a single user mode on the Host computer itself
- Firstly, go to the File menu bar and then select Close company file
- Next, reopen the same and then go to File menu bar
- Now click on Restore or Open the Company file
- Hit the Next button after selecting the Company file
- Then apply the company file
- At last, try to open the company file in a multi-user mode.
Case 4: Just close the Remote Access
- The very first step is to go to the Taskbar and right-click on it
- Next, select the Task Manager and then select the Process tab
- Verify the file that you’re attempting to open is already in process or not
- If it is in process or already running under the user then you need to restart the system.
How to get in touch with the professional team?
So, the ultimate guide ends here with the experts’ proven methods to fix QuickBooks Error 99001. In case, if the issue still persists even after following all the above-mentioned solutions then you can also prefer to fetch assistance to the team of accountingguide.co. You can approach them via email [email protected] or 24/7 live chat. They provide you the best quality support for error rectification smooth and quick. They are highly experienced and knowledgeable QuickBooks experts who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues.