QuickBooks is one of the most loving accounting software in users, however, with the quality of software some errors also come. These errors not only waste your time but also prohibits you to go ahead with your work. QuickBooks Error OL 203 is one of them. The below article covers the information regarding QuickBooks Error OL 203, its causes, and resolutions to sort out the QB error OL 203. These below steps will help those users who are not skilled to make resolve such type of error from the QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error Ol 203?
In QuickBooks Error Ol 203 is normally comes while setting up online banking in QuickBooks Desktop. Although there can be many factors through which a user should be aware of to keep away from this error.
You may also read: QuickBooks Banking Error 9999
Causes of the QuickBooks Error OL 203
Below are the causes behind the Error OL 203:
- Your financial institutions or bank may have changed their service offerings
- Your financial institution or bank may have changed their name
- The bank which is used in online banking in QuickBooks may be inactive
- Your bank or financial institution server is down
- Some time internet connection is creating the issue
- Download format or import format is creating an issue
- QuickBooks is not updated
- QB files crating the problem
Steps to Solve the QuickBooks Error Ol 203
Below are the methods through which a user can solve the QuickBooks Error Ol 203.
1 – Create a New test company file
This method helps you to check out whether it is the banking institution that is creating the issues or the server.
- Go to QuickBooks File menu >> select New Company
- Go to Express Start
- Add the Bank account which is going through the problems and set up that accounts for bank feed
- After finishing the above step, download bank feed Transaction to test whether it was the bank account which was creating the error
- If you get the same message again, it means that was the bank creating the problem. But if you don’t receive the message it means the bank was not creating the issue.
2 – Enable TLS 1.2 security Protocol
Before going to this solution make sure that you have the latest internet explore.
- open the Internet explorer
- Go and click on the gear icon which can be seen at the top right area
- Goto Internet options >>> open the advanced tab
- Scroll down to get the security part
- Now uncheck the box near USE TLS and do the vice versa if using TLS 1.2
- Click on apply and click ok
- Now close all the programs and reboot the computer
3 – Deactivate all the accounts which are using online services
This step may take some time if you have a large number of accounts using online banking services. You can easily check which account is creating the problem.
- Go to QuickBooks chart of accounts >>> select the include inactive option which can be seen at bottom of the window
- Now deactivate the bank feed for an inactive account
- Close the file and then reopen the same
- Set up each account for bank feed again
4 – Now create a new account and merge it
5 – Run the account setup with pressing the ctrl key
6- Contact your financial institution or the bank
For any query visit www.accountingguide.co and do the QuickBooks live chat with the QuickBooks experts. QuickBooks team is available 24*7 to assist you with all possible resolutions. QB team is polite, professional, and certified, even each member of the team is having years of experience of the same files which makes them more perfect to solve the issues timely. You can email at email@example.com or fill the contact form to get the call back from the technicians for the resolution.