QuickBooks Point of Sale is a retail POS system that helps you in smoothly-running and well-organized your retail business operation with its enhanced features. The features listed help enhance the management of your company and increase the ability of your employees to meet customer requirements. If you are looking for increased efficiency and productivity; QuickBooks Point of Sale has all the QuickBooks solutions to your business needs. For more information, you connect with the team of www.accountingguide.co.
Table of content:
- What is QuickBooks Point of Sale
- How QuickBooks POS work
- Benefits & features of QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Specifications of QuickBooks Point of Sale
Understand QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS)?
It is a retail POS system that is suitable for various small businesses, including small franchises, gift stores, sports goods stores, clothing, and shoe stores. It provides tools for a tablet compatible POS, merchandise planning, customer management, and inventory. Cloud-based and on-premise deployments are also available in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
How does QuickBooks POS work?
QuickBooks Point of Sale makes it quite simpler to ring sales than before. You can even make use of a barcode scanner that is optional or even a Microsoft Surface ® Pro in order to enter the item numbers or names. Even better, multiple forms of payment are acceptable. Learn what your best-sellers are, and what you need to restock.
Benefits & features involved in QuickBooks Point of Sale?
There are several benefits that QuickBooks POS includes:
- POS systems can take payments via mobile credit card reader or app
- Easily manage sales data
- Smoothly run inventory
- Get more profitability reports
- Save your valuable time.
Below are some of the advanced features of QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) includes:
- Table functionality: The new version is easily compatible with Microsoft Surface Pro. It boosted efficiency and you can also easily do payment without waiting in line.
- Physical inventory scanner: This helps you to restore previously discontinued functionality for a physical inventory scanner. With the help of plug and play mechanism, you can increase usability.
- Dashboard feature: It gives you access to a dashboard so that you can easily check out sales summary of your department like the products that are selling fast, sales over time as well as sales graph.
- Employee management: The Pro version of QuickBooks POS can help you track commissions and hours for employees and can send it further to other software such as QuickBooks itself or Payroll for easy payroll management.
- Purchase order management: QuickBooks POS makes buying inventory easier for its users’ thanks to its integrated purchase order function. The item barcodes can be scanned automatically and fill in the PO (Purchase Order) fields, then that can be printed out or sent via email.
- Easy access to customer information: This feature helps you to view the transaction history as well as the credit-related information of your customer without selecting the “Magnifying Glass” icon or the “More Info” button.
- Real-time inventory: This helps you to keep the inventory updated and organized by applying with different colors, ALU, description, tax status, vendor, and sales price.
- Customer support: It offers you a robust set of online support services including videos, articles, tutorials, setup instructions along with a support community section.
Technical Specifications of QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Operating Systems requirements:
- It needs Windows 10 that are natively installed, all editions including 64-bit
- Window 8.1 (Update 1), natively installed, all editions including 64-bit
- 2016 Windows Server
- 2012 R2 Windows Server
- 2011 SP1 Windows Server
- 2008 R2 SP1 and SP2 Windows Server.
- System Requirements:
- Minimum 4GB of RAM (6-8 GB is suggested) for a single workstation installation
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space is needed for data files)
- Single users: 2.0 GHz processor (2.8 GHz is suggested)
- Multiple users: 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz is suggested)
- Display: Optimized for 1280X768 screen resolution or higher
- 4X DVD ROM drives needed for DVD installations (excepting that the user downloads it from official Intuit Server).
- Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:
- Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, 2010, or Office 365.
- Recommendations for Multi-user:
- It is suggested to have multi-core processors and 8 GB of RAM to do better workstation performance on the Point of Sale server. Each running POS in the workstation server must have an individually purchased user license in a multi-user configuration; also every copy should have the same level and version.
- QuickBooks Desktop Compatibility:
- Versions of Enterprise Solutions include 17.0, 18.0, 19.0 and 20.0.
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017.
- Security software:
- Products have been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite.
- Internet Security Suite of Symantec Norton®.
Important note: Some configurations can allow you to change firewall and antivirus settings to ensure Point of Sale performance to the best possible standard.
- System Configuration:
- Specifications for storage space do not include corporate data files. If your company’s data file is very big or contains pictures of things you may need more disk space.
- To run multiple applications at the same time, the device will have a multi-core processor and at least 4GB of RAM. Point of sale can easily run on both Windows-operated processors of 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Though not all hardware devices are going to mount and run on 64-bit operating systems. For more information on running their hardware devices on 64-bit operating systems, we suggest you contact the system manufacturers.
Get the best customer support
One might find many POS systems on the market, but few are as well-tailored to the requirements of your company as QuickBooks. The features listed above helps in enhancing the management as well as increase the ability of your employees to meet customer requirements.
For further inquiries, you can connect with the team via email email@example.com or live chat. You need to fill-up the form along with queries details, and the team will respond to you within 2-3 hours via phone or email. So feel free to contact the team as the service is available 24*7.