QuickBooks Web connector is Microsoft Windows web-based application which helps QuickBooks to exchange data with the QuickBooks products. QuickBooks sometimes creates the error which may create the error QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. In case you don’t know the reasons, causes, and resolutions for this error, you can contact accountingguide.co to get step by step assistance. The below article helps you to know the reason, causes, and methods to rectify the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC 1085.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
Web connector is Window based applications due to which web services enable us to exchange data with QuickBooks products. Web Connector and QuickBooks uses the same local network and uses and also installed on the same machine.
QuickBooks web connector is a mediator between an application that permits qbXML and qbposXML to pass between a web-based application and QuickBooks financial software or QuickBooks point of sale. Communication with the web services can be automatically scheduled or can be simply initiated at user convenience.
QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 and the Solutions
QB web connectors error directly affects the QuickBooks Desktop and after coming to the error then you cant be able to share the data from QuickBooks to third party applications. Before proceeding to the next step you should know why it has happened and it is due to a log file named QWCLOG.TXT gets QuickBooks damaged or corrupted by any chance.
Causes of the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Below are the main error causes :
- When QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector programs gets damaged due to any reason.
- If the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector program could not be accessed due to some reason
Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Below are some symptoms from which you can easily understand that the QuickBooks web connector is happening
- QuickBooks not functioning properly
- Software start freezing for a couple of minutes
- Functions of the web connector program are not working properly
- When the user is not getting any response
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Method 1 – Renaming the QWCLOG.TXT file
- Open the taskbar >>right click the QuickBooks web connector icon
- Click on the Exit option>>open the Windows File manager
- Now visit the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder
- Do a right-click on QWCLOG.TXT and then pick the rename option
- Now edit the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save the option
- Now user needed to reopen the web connector program
- Reboot the system and reopen the QuickBooks
Method 2 – Remove Web Connector from the Startup Menu
If you are not connected to the QuickBooks to any of the 3rd party applications you can simply remove your web connector from the start-up menu
- Login on the computer as Administrator
- go to below command :C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Program\Startup
- Delete the QuickBooks web connector file
- Now reboot the computer and try to open the QuickBooks
Method 3 – Resolving the issues manually
- Press Windows+R key together
- Now you will see RUN window
- Type MSConfig on the window and click ok
- Click on Startup button
- Now search and mark the checkbox for QuickBooks web connector
- Click on Apply option and then click on OK button
- Now at final step is to restart the computer and also check if the QuickBooks web connector is working fine or not
Feel free to visit accountingguide.co for any guidance. QuickBooks Support team is available 24*7 to give you help with any issues related to the QuickBooks. The team is polite, professional, and always ready to help everyone with QuickBooks related help and solutions. You can do a live chat with the experts or can send an email at [email protected] to get the assistance. Filling the customer query form also helps you to connect you to the QuickBooks helpdesk.