Today Sage 50 is considered one of the best accounting software in the world. Both small and medium sized businesses have found this very helpful in dealing with their accounts over the years. Be that as it may, all software tends to have some issues and errors from time to time.
What is Email MAPI Error in Sage 50
Sometimes when the users are working on the Sage 50 accounting software, they could be faced with an error message which says, “Email MAPI Error: An error occurred in sending the message. Return Code 26 OR Return Code 2, MAPI E error”. This is an Email MAPI error in Sage 50, which happens when the users could be trying to send an invoice through email and they got the error message. Occasionally, the users also end up getting Return code for this MAPI error. The users can reach out to the technical team for support and assistance or they can try to rectify the problem by following the resolution process as stated below;
Causes of Sage 50 MAPI Error
Some of the reasons that causes the incidence of the Email MAPI error in Sage 50 accounting software are as follows:
- The user’s system has multiple editions of Microsoft Outlook installed.
- The users Outlook could be set to “Run as Administrator” whereas they have set up the Sage 50 application as a “User” and this is creating a rift in the applications.
Steps for Fix Sage 50 MAPI Error
The users can attempt to resolve the Sage Email MAPI Error by trying some of these solutions:
- The user needs to Click on the Windows Start tab on the taskbar.
- Next the user needs to Open the Control Panel on the screen and browse for the Windows Update
- Next the user needs to Check for Windows updates,download and install them,if there are any updates available.
Verify add-in for Microsoft Outlook which has been installed in the system
- The user needs to End all the applications that are running on the system.
- Next the user needs to re-install the Sage 50 software in the system.
- Next when the installation has been completed, click OK available from the dialog box.
- Next the user needs to open the Add/Remove Program Component and click on Next tab and then click on the checkbox to remove the mark from the option Add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- Next the user needs to Click on the Next button.
- Finally, the user needs to repeat the process that is stated again and this time, the user needs to select the checkbox Add-in for MS Outlook.
Set Default Programs
- The user needs to Log into the computer as System Administrator to have access to all the applications and programs.
- Next the user needs to Click on the Windows Start tab on the taskbar.
- Next the user needs to Open the Control Panel on the screen and go to Default programs.
- Next the user needs to Click on the default e-mail program option which is on the left pane from the list of programs.
- Next the user needs to click the Set this program as a default option and click OK.
- Next the user needs to Open the Set Program access and click on computer defaults and click Custom
- Next the user needs to Click on the right side of the drop-down arrow and go to Choose a default e-mail program.
- Finally, the user needs to open the right email program and then reboot the Sage 50 software.
The above resolutions are as recommended by Sage qualified specialists and these resolutions should assist the user in resolving all the Email MAPI Error in the Sage 50 accounting software. In case the users need to reach out to the specialists, they can call on the toll free number so that they can get in touch with them and they will assist in rectifying the error.
We have qualified technicians to help resolve your issue. We provide the correct solutions for your Sage 50 related issues with finest conceivable accurateness. Our Sage 50 support service and help desk assistants are accessible online, from anywhere at any time. Call tollfree on our Sage 50 technical support number +1844-871-6291 and get instant help with your Sage 50 issues from our friendly help desk specialists.