QuickBooks is the most efficient financial management software that regularly launches new updates to give you a better experience by adding new features. These updates are also known as “patches” or “maintenance releases” which help users in improving the functionality of the program and resolve various issues automatically. All these updates are free for product release. If you are a new user to this program, let me tell you that you can easily update the QB application either manually or automatically. Just follow the guidelines mentioned in this article that help you to update QuickBooks to the latest released version. For more queries, you can easily connect with the team at www.accountingguide.co via email at email@example.com or do 24*7 live chat.
Important things to remember before upgrading
Updating to a new launch (instance: R3P into R5P) would typically entail a minor adjustment to the database. These modifications do not build readable information files with earlier updates.
That’s different from updating a new product variant (example: from 2017 to 2018) where the changes are significant.
- Make sure that you’ve QuickBooks Desktop Patch
- Press “F2” or “Ctrl + 1” key from the system to open the QuickBooks
- Next, go to the “Product Information” tab and check for the current version as well as its latest release.
- Users can check out the available the latest release version:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016
Why update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version
QuickBooks must be updated to the new version because the technology is evolving every day and everyone needs to be updated. Updating your QB Software use to the newly released update is always beneficial because it ensures improved protection and efficiency and you’ll get the most advanced features added to the application.
If you are already using an outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop program and would like to get the new one with all the specialties and capabilities modified. Several users of QuickBooks get confused with the updates, but they are not as perfect as they seem. Upgrades and enhancements add essential new functions or functionality to the program. Hence, installing every available update is important to enjoy awesome new features and functionalities.
Salient features of QuickBooks Desktop update
Here are some of the features of QuickBooks Desktop update:
- QuickBooks upgrade, also known as maintenance release or “patches,” is Intuit’s latest version of the software after addressing the technical holes that remain.
- When upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to the latest update, no new features or functions are added.
- A new version provided by Intuit can be downloaded via an Internet connection from the official website.
- An upgrade can solve many problems to improve software functionality.
- Updates are the free option you’re having with your QuickBooks Desktop program, so you don’t need to spend a single penny updating QuickBooks Desktop.
- You shouldn’t equate updates with improvements to QuickBooks, as they have a major difference. Unlike QuickBooks updates, an updated QuickBooks provides users with entirely new features.
- Updating the QuickBooks Desktop version ensures your financial data is secure and fixes the app’s performance problems on your computer.
- Updating QuickBooks Desktop means having set common security loops, and user experience free of errors.
Different methods to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
There are three methods in which you need to download the latest update but every method needs a good internet speed. Another one more method is an automatic update (default settings). All the three methods are mentioned below and we’ll see one by one:
- Manual update
- Release Update
- On-demand (Immediate) Update method
- Automatic update (default settings) method
Manually update QuickBooks to the latest released version
Users can manually update with 2 methods that are discussed below:
Method 1: Use the internet to download updates
- Initially, go to the Downloads & Updates page
- Next, using the drop-down menu, select the “QuickBooks Product”
- Now, choose the appropriate year or variant within the version section
- To move further, you need to select the “Get the latest updates” successfully save the file in order the update
- In the end, double-click on the update setup when the downloading completes
- Finally, restart your Windows once the installation process completes.
Method 2: With the help of QuickBooks
- The very first, go to the File menu and then select the “Logoff/Close Company” icon
- After that, select the “Exit” button
- Now, make a right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select “Run as Admin” option
- Next, look for the “Help” menu within the “No Company Open” window
- Once you’re done with that, select the “Update QuickBooks” option
- Select the “Update Now” to proceed further and check the box named “Reset Update”
- Now, also select and click the tab named “Get Updates”
- Now, when the update process finishes, a dialogue box appears on the screen to close the QuickBooks
- Open the QB application once again
- Now, if you see a message related to updates then hit the “Yes” button
- Finally, restart the system when the installation completes.
Easy steps for release method to update QuickBooks
Here are the simple and easy to follow steps for sharing the updates. Just completes the given process:
- Firstly, open the “Shared Company file”
- Next, go to the “Help” menu and select the “update QuickBooks”
- Now, set the “ Share Download ” and click the “ Yes ” button
- Before that, make a single click on the “Choices ” tab
- Once you successfully complete all the above steps then hit the “Save” button.
Procedures for On-demand (Immediate) Update method
Users can go with this method if they immediately want to download the QuickBooks update from the Intuit official website. It is necessary to keep the software open during downloading of updates. Here are the procedures to check the available updates and how to install them:
- The very first, open the QB software and visit the “help” menu
- Now, click on the “Update QuickBooks” button
- Next, hit the “Update Now” tab
- After that, form the list of updates, you can select the latest Updates
- Otherwise, click on the “Get Updates” button
- To know more about the Updates then go to “Updates Column”
- Next, select the link “Maintenance Releases” and now a new page opens on the screen with all the information related to updates improvements/changes
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks and a window appear prompts to install the Update Now or Later
- Choose the option “Yes” or “Install Now” in order to install the update
- Finally, restart the system once the installation completes.
Automatic QuickBooks Update method
In this method, users don’t need to give much effort to download the latest updates. It automatically downloads if the machine is connected to the Internet while using the software. It mainly happens due to default settings in the software that enables it to automatically download the latest updates from the Intuit server.
Instructions for enabling or disabling the Automatic update option:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, visit the “Help” menu
- Select and click on the “Update QuickBooks”
- Later select the tab named “Options”
- Pressing the “Yes” button indicates that enable the same method
- If hit “No” that indicates disable the Automatic Update
- After attempting both the option, you receive a message that when you wish to use this Update Service
- It is just for reminders and doesn’t imply an updates is available or required
- At last, press the “Save” and then “Close” button.
When the updates are downloaded, QB downloads all the necessary files automatically to the appropriate position on the device. The next time you restart the QuickBooks, after installing all of the updates. Sometimes, users require closing QB and then restarting before the update takes effect.
Hopefully, you find this article accommodating enough to update the QuickBooks to the latest released version. With the new updates and features improve the performance of QB and helps you to fix the issues automatically.
After following the above steps, it is hoped that you can easily update your QB software. But, in any case, if you need more guidance then feel free to get back to the team at www.accountingguide.co via dropping an email firstname.lastname@example.org. You also get the best assistance by doing a live chat with experts as the service is available all round the clock.