Sage Group always comes with several new software updates and Sage 50 fixed assets 2018 0 update is one such update. This FAS 2018 0 version of Sage is exceptionally designed and embedded with new and enhanced features that helps users to get multiple access. Additionally, this multi-module management system is tailored for multiple business sectors such as payroll management, decision making, inventory management, sorting of journals, preparing customized invoices, pay orders, reporting & analysis, and more. Continue reading this article to explore more about this update and its quick update instructions to update Sage 50 fixed assets 2018 0 to Sage 50 fixed assets 2021 0 at ease.
New added features in Sage 50 fixed assets 2021 0
Check out some of the new added improved features that come under this 2018 0 are as follows:
- Sage Intelligence Reporting Cloud: This advanced feature is available in Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium dashboard and you can make Sage Intelligence Reporting financial reports using this feature. There are various balance sheets and income statement formats are added in this feature and that can be customized or you can generate your reports from scratch. However, these reports can be generated in a web page (HTML) or exported to the desktop or online Excel versions.
- Cleared column on Check Register: In this feature, you can now add a column to show Cleared Date on the Check Register and Cash Disbursements journal reports. You just need to hit the Column button that appears in the report window and you can verify the cleared date to show the date of transaction was cleared in your account reconciliation.
- Sage capture: This feature lets you snap a picture of your receipt and then enter the transaction information on your iPad/iPhone (note: it will support the Android version). Afterwards, it can be imported into Sage 50 and those pictures will be added to your transaction as an attachment and will be later stored in your OneDrive account.
- Improved options for click to pay: It is an upgraded feature of Sage 2017.2 that offers users for payment options to add a payment lick in emailed invoices so that customers can pay online using debit/credit card or can also do e-check (ACH).
- Users Interface Modernization: It is one of the most noticeable changes in the Sage 2018 0 version. With this main Sage 50 window, you can find a very modern look with a mostly monochrome color scheme, flat appearance of all icons and menus including plenty of white space. It is basically designed to work better with today’s high resolutions monitor and adapt better to different window sizes. For example: if your window is too small to display all the buttons on the toolbar but with this feature, a blinking arrow allows you to access the remaining buttons.
- AP automation: Now, Sage 50 can be integrated with Beadworks that provides you account payable automation. In simple words, it can automate the process of approving invoices, coding/entering invoices, and making electronic payments.
- Office 365 User Roles & Permissions: It has added 5 new security groups in the Office 365 that gives more detailed control of how office 365 users can access the Sage 50 integrations such as Sage capture, Sage Control, and Sage Intelligence.
- Inactive Inventory Items based on Last Activity Date: With your last inventory date, you can select inventory items to mark the entire group as inactive. It is a pretty similar process that you do for customers and vendors. With this feature, you can make more rooms for new items by marking the outdated items as inactive one at a time.
Instructions to Download the Update Sage 50 fixed assets 2018 0 to Sage 50 fixed assets 2021 0
Whenever the new update releases in Sage 50, it will automatically sent to you via email or a message pops up on your Microsoft Windows system. If in case, you don’t receive any new updates notifications then you can perform manually the steps that are provided below:
- Initially, go to the Windows Start menu >> All Programs >> Sage software >> Advisor Update >> Sage Advisor Update
- Look for the latest updates, if you’re not able to view the 2021 0 release.
Step by Step Instructions to update Sage 50 fixed assets 2018 0 to Sage 50 2021 0
Before moving ahead, it is important to consider a few things like make sure you uninstall all the older versions of Sage Fixed Assets (i.e., 2017.0 or prior). Once you’re done with that then move further with the steps provided below:
- First, browse to the http://support.na.sage.com from your system hosting Sage 50 Fixed Assets
- Next, click on the Login button that appears on your upper right of your page
- Now, login to your customer portal
- Once you login successfully then click My downloads >> Choose Sage Fixed Assets >> choose Sage Fixed Assets 2020 0
- And then it display a Sage Fixed Assets Download page
- After that, click “Download Now”
- Once done with that then click Run or you can open the download .exe file
- Click Run and then Ok in order to start the product download
- After that downloading finishes then the next steps is move to installation process
- To start the installation, you’ll be prompted to click Next then click Yes again click Next when you’re asked to click Yes to the uninstall question
- In the end, click Finish once the installation is successfully completed.
Get in touch with Sage technical support
Get the streamlined installation of update Sage 50 fixed assets 2018 0 with the help of above-provided instructions. In case, you are stuck or facing difficulty during the installation, you can easily get in touch with Sage technical support Toll-Free number . Alternatively, drop an email [email protected] or do 24*7 Sage 50 Live Chat.
FAQs Related to Update Sage 50 fixed assets 2018 0 to 2021 0
Q1. When do we need to keep our Assets in one company?
Ans: There are many situations when you need to keep your Assets in a single company probably when you want to store all your assets in one company. You can use one company to store assets when:
● Your organization does not have diversified markets or products
● You organization is a single legal entity
● All units in your organization have the same short years and fiscal year end
● Your organization has a centralized management and accounting structure.
Q2. When do we use groups?
Ans: Creating a logical group or a variety of distinctive gives greater control of reporting and management on your assets. You may create groups to execute the following tasks more accurately:
● Run reports
● Sort your assets
● Browse your asset list
● Calculate depreciation
● Activate or inactivate assets
● Find a specific asset
● Replace data, and more.