With enhanced features and functionalities, Sage 50 2022, the latest version of Sage 50 accounting, has been able to make quite a name for itself of late. It certainly helps you manage your accounting activities better and also makes your life much easier than ever before.In this blog, we are going to talk about how to upgrade from Sage 50 2019 to Sage 50 2022, what are the system requirements for it, how to download and how to install it, what new features you would get if you download the Sage 50 2022 version.
Upgrading From Sage 50 2019 to Sage 50 2022
It is highly recommended that you create a back up for all your corporate data before proceeding with any upgrade. The essential factors to keep in mind while doing this are:
- The first thing that you need to do is to completely uninstall your Sage 50 software.
- Next, you need to reinstall the Sage 50 software using the serial number from the Accountant’s Edition.
Steps to Upgrade from Sage 50 2019 to Sage 50 2022
- Open your Sage 50 files and accounts in a single user mode, as a System Administrator.
- Next, go to the Help menu and select Product Upgrade Sage 50.
- Next, replace your old serial number with the new Sage 50 serial number.
- Select the option Retrieve My Key Code from Sage 50.
- Select the option “Use This Key And Enter The Key Manually” (if you do not possess an internet connection, it will show “Sage 2020 Failed to Update Sage 2022).
System Requirements for Sage 50 2022:
- 2.0 GHz processor for single users and multiple users
- 4 GB of RAM for single and multiple users
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (version 1809 and higher) ,with all the latest updates from Microsoft installed
- 1 GB of disk space for software installation
- Internet Explorer 11.0 (version 11.0 and higher for Sage Payroll Solutions, Sage Payments Solutions and integration of other connected services). Microsoft Edge (version 2020 and higher) and Google Chrome are also supported while accessing Connected Services external to the product
- Microsoft.NET framework 4.7.2, along with DirectX Dependency for .NET . Together, they would need an additional storage space in the range of 280 MB -850 MB
- 16 bit SVGA Video with a resolution of 1280 x 800 is the minimum requirement. However, the preferred resolution is 1440 x 900 or higher. Also, small fonts/DPI settings are preferable.
- Preferable download speed of 25 mbps and upload speed of 10 mbps- for best performance
- 5 GB storage for Sage Drive company files
- The computer name should be of 15 characters or less
Steps to Download Sage 50 2022:
- Go to the server and open the Sage program, click on the Services option and then click on OK
- Click on Check for any Updates option
- Next, go to Options and select on Check
- Next, choose the option Sage 50 2022 Upgrade after which you need to click on the Download option
- After the download is completed, close the Sage program and follow the on screen steps for installation
Sage 50 2022 Installation:
There are a few things you need to take care of before you proceed with the installation so that there are no complications before or during the set up of Sage 50 U.S 2022 version. You need to observe and examine these points carefully:
- Cross check thoroughly ,whether the systems fulfill all the minimum system requirements
- Before you install Sage 50 U.S 2022, restart your system and close all the software
- Ensure the antivirus is turned off
- Reactivation of the antivirus can be done after the installation is completed
- Turn on your firewall and activate the notifications
- Make sure the user account control settings are set to minimum. You can also request for administrative access to these procedures and if your computer requests for an Admin login, you can contact an IT expert to make any kind of modifications in the user accounts
What is New in Sage 50 U.S 2022?
There are a lot of new features, enhancements and developments in the Sage 50 U.S 2022 version. They are:
- Product Message Improvements
- Updates to Gmail Security
- Seller/Invoice bills memorized
- A Brand New Window for the Open Enterprise
- Sage 50 Auto Entry Integration.
In case you are facing any kind of issues or have any kind of queries, feel free to reach out to our team for further help in this regard.
💠Frequently Asked Questions💠
Q1. What is the Display Resolution Required for Sage 50 U.S 2022 Version?
Ans: 16 bit SVGA Video with a resolution of 1280 x 800 is the minimum requirement. However, the preferred resolution is 1440 x 900 or higher. Also, small fonts/DPI settings are preferable.
Q2. What to do if you Have Windows 8 and you Want to Upgrade to Sage 50 2022 Version?
Ans: You need to upgrade your Windows Operating System to at least Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 to install Sage 50 2022 version.
Q3. Which Version of Internet Explorer is Required for Sage 50 U.S 2022?
Ans: Internet Explorer 11.0 (version 11.0 and higher for Sage Payroll Solutions, Sage Payments Solutions and integration of other connected services). Microsoft Edge (version 2020 and higher) and Google Chrome are also supported while accessing Connected Services external to the product.