QuickBooks users might be facing some problems while running the 2019 version or maybe they are lacking with the advanced features that are available in QuickBooks Desktop 2020. So, no need to worry more, Intuit has launched the latest version with highly advanced or enhanced features. You can now QuickBooks 2019 to 2020 upgrade and avail all the new upcoming features and more benefits. Furthermore, you can go through the below-mentioned steps to upgrade or contact the accountingguide.co team to explore more information on QuickBooks support by filling up the form or do 24/7 live chat.
Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to QuickBooks 2020:
To run your growing business, the easiest and most productive QuickBooks Desktop 2020 is here to help you. So, check out the new features and improvements that are discussed below.
Why do you Need to Upgrade QuickBooks?
This upgrade allows you to go from older version to newer one while setting your settings, server roles, and data intact. The new features can effectively benefit your business and make you run your business the easiest and efficiently.
New Improvements in QuickBooks Desktop 2020:
Check out the new upgraded features in QuickBooks 2020:
Combine Multiple Emails:
This helps you to improve in customer service by combining multiple invoices in a single email.
- Purpose: Simplify the handling of customer payments by consolidating several invoices into one email only.
- Accessible: Select “Files” from the menu bar and then select Send Forms then a box appears named “Combine forms to a receipt in one email”; just select the box.
Automated Payment Reminders:
It saves you a lot of time by automatically sending reminders of due/overdue invoices to your customers.
- Purpose: Reminders are easily set for those customers whose invoices are due.
- Accessible: You need to go to Customers option from the menu bar and then select Payment Reminders.
Easily Search Company File:
This helps you to search and open company files at ease with the additional features of the file search option.
- Purpose: Find and open company files easily with a file search feature added.
- Accessible: You need to select from the “No Company Open” window.
Automatically Add Customer PO# to Invoice Emails:
With the help of this feature, you make it simpler for customers/clients by automatically adding their PO number in the invoice mail.
- Purpose: Customer PO numbers are easily added to the subject line of an email.
- Accessible: Select Edit then Preferences then Send Forms and then Company Preferences from the menu bar. After that you can select the relevant template and click Edit from the Insert Field button and then select “Customer-PO (subject)”.
Collapse Columns Horizontally in Job or Class Reports:
Now, you can easily hide and unhide unwanted multiple columns of data in your displayed QuickBooks report. You can even avoid lengthy reports while exporting to Excel for customizing purposes.
- Purpose: Hide columns in reports with jobs and classes, to see simple and easy to read totals.
- Accessible: Select the Collapse Columns from a displayed report that contains multiple columns that you find on the top right. Click on the ( – ) or ( + ) symbol as needed and accordingly it collapse or expand the specific set of columns.
Steps to Upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to QuickBooks 2020
The very important suggestion is to take the backup of your data file and keep it safe in different places so that later it doesn’t affect your data as well as there is no chance of losing data. Furthermore, there are steps involved to upgrade including a few steps to upgrade QuickBooks 2019 to QuickBooks 2020 and upgrade the company file as well.
Here are quite easy steps in order to upgrade with the latest version but the only suggestion is to follow the steps in the given sequence:
- Initially, download the QuickBooks 2020 version in the first step of upgrading
- Now, save it in a secure location
- When you complete the downloading procedure then install it
- To do the installation, you need to go to the same location where you saved your downloaded file
- Next, search and double-click on the .exe file
- Once the installation procedure completes then perform the on-screen instruction
- Now, activate the software after installation is successfully completed
- After that, upgrade and integrate the QuickBooks data into a newer version
- You can also take backup offline or saved it on the cloud
- Later, it may help you in upgrading.
Now, it is also important to upgrade the company file after completing the upgrading steps. To do so, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps as well you need to replace the old files by moving those files to the same folder.
Steps to Upgrade the QuickBooks Company File:
So, once you upgrade QuickBooks with the latest version then it is also required to upgrade the company file. The steps involved:
💠 The very first, you ensure that you are using multi-user mode because it only allows you to access
💠 After that, click on the File menu and then hit “Open and Restore the company file”
💠 Now, click on the same backup copy
💠 Select and click on the Continue option in order to continue the process
💠 Select and click on open the company file
💠 Now, log in as an Administrator and then click on the upgrade button
💠 To do so perform the steps that appear on the screen
💠 Once the upgrade process completes then click on the Done button
So, this is only and the easiest way of QuickBooks 2019 to QuickBooks 2020 Upgrade but it is also suggested to take the backup of the data file and after upgrading to the latest version, you also need to upgrade the company file. This procedure is directly provided by QuickBooks experts.
Moreover, if you face any difficulty, you can connect with the professional team via email [email protected] along with your query details or QuickBooks live chat support. The team will respond back to you soon or maximum they take 2-3 hours. The team is more than happy to assist and provide the relevant solutions for your query.